23

Oliver's arms loosen around my neck as I step away from him. I look up at him. His lips are pulled up in a smile, his eyes gleaming. I laugh at him, glad he's happy.

"Would you like to go on a date with me, maybe?" he asks.

"Yes!" I nod.

"Is there anything you'd like to do?" he asks

"Just something casual," I say. "and not too expensive!"

He chuckles.

"Oh, the zoo!" I grin. "I want to go to the zoo!"

"The zoo it is," he nods. "That's a cute first date."

"Good! "I want to know more about you," I say. "I feel like I don't know enough.

"There's really not much to me," He shrugs. "I just work."

"But I want to know what exactly it is you do," I explain. "I want to know what your office looks like, and how your dad treats you, and how you deal with those who work for you."

"I can take you to the office, if you want," he suggests.

"It's not just that, though," I say. "I want to know about your childhood, and meet your parents, and know more about your values."

He chuckles. "These are all things we can discuss on our date."

"But you have an unfair advantage!" I joke. "Liam must've told you stuff about me."

"He has, but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear it from you."

I smile. He's so sweet.

"If you're not happy with our dates or you change your mind or you end up not liking me at all, that's fine too," he says. "I won't be offended. You need to do what's best for you."

"I doubt I won't like you," I snicker. "I can't imagine you being a bad person."

"You're sweet, Lucy," he laughs.

God, he's an angel. I really do want to date him. But there are other issues.

"What about Liam?" I ask.

I doubt he'll be angry, but he might not be comfortable with it. His best friend and his little sister. He must know all of Oliver's bad traits, the ones I am yet to discover.

"I haven't spoken to him about how I feel about you," he tells me. "But I think it's better if he knows."

"I agree," I nod.

"I'll tell him today," he says. "About our date too?"

"Will he get mad if you don't tell him?" I ask.

"Yeah, I think we should just tell him everything."

"I'm afraid he won't like it," I confess.

"He'll have to adjust," he shrugs. "Besides, I'll tell him later today, so he'll have time to process it before he comes to you."

"Okay," I smile. "What day do you want to do this?"

"Well next weekend is your birthday, so the week after?" his eyebrows furrow. "It's a bit long to wait, but I'm happy to."

"No," I shake my head. "We'll go on Sunday, after my birthday."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," I say. "I don't want to wait."

He grins, and brings his hand up to my jaw. He runs his fingers over my cheek, admiring me.

"You're so cute," he tells me.

"Stop," I giggle, leaning into his hand. "You're too sweet."

"You don't like it?" he asks, dropping his hand to his side.

"I love it," I grin. "I've just never dated anyone before."

"You haven't?"

"Nope," I shake my head. "Have you?"

I already know the answer, but I want to hear it from him.

"Yeah, when I was a kid," he says. "I was never really interested in dating,"

"That surprises me, to be honest," I tell him. "You're so attractive."

He laughs, and takes a step closer to me.

"I'm glad you think so," he whispers.

I move towards him, knowing I want to kiss him. But before I'm even close enough to lean upwards, we're interrupted by my brother.

"Yo, Ollie," he calls from the hallway.

We jump apart instantly. Liam opens my door, barging into the room. He looks at me only briefly, but then focuses his attention on his friend.

"You ready to go?" he asks.

"Yeah, man," Ollie nods.

They walk out of the room, but Oliver turns his head to me. He gives me a gentle smile, sending me a quick wink. I grin, and wave him off.

It isn't until I hear the door slam, that I let my excitement out. I let out a loud squeal, jumping up and down, thrashing my arms around.

I can't believe this.

A date with Oliver.

It may just be an immature, teenage crush, but I really really like him. Just his presence makes me happy.

I skip into the kitchen, unable to wipe the smile off my face.