11

"Well, well, well, look what we have here," a voice speaks.

I lift my eyes up from my book, and meet the eyes of the last person I want to see.

Take a guess.

I haven't had any run-ins since the scene in the hallway oh my first day, but I've mostly been around the boys, anyway. Right now, I'm alone, but still surrounded by a bunch of other students in the library.

"What do you want, Jack?" I ask.

Study hall has been going on for almost the full hour now, and I'm halfway through the book I'm reading.

"Just curious what bitches do in their spare time," he laughs. "Besides sucking Oliver Ferrari's dick."

"Don't you have something better to do?" I grumble.

"Well, I wouldn't mind it if you sucked my dick," he smirks.

"Jesus," I groan. "Are you serious right now? You don't even have your shitty friends with you. Who are you trying to impress?"

I close my book, and pick my bag up to begin filling it up with my belongings.

I don't have the patience for this. I'm leaving. The librarian will be mad, but she doesn't even know my name.

"Where's your little gang of misfits, huh? They abandon you?" Jack laughs. "Must be a little lonely, huh?"

"Nope, I'm great," I give him a sarcastic smile.

"You know, as much as I hate you, I can't deny you're one sexy piece of ass, even with that little tummy that sticks out."

His eyes travel up and down my body, and my defence is up even higher than it was before. What a sick fucking joke.

"First of all, Jack," I stand up straight. "Body shape does not equal attractiveness or beauty. Also, women are not a piece of anything. Women are human. And I swear to fucking God, if I hear you say one more degrading comment-,"

"Ah, a feminist huh?" he smirks.

Am I seriously about to have my second conversation about feminism in one day?

What is happening in this world?

"It's called being a decent fucking human being, Jack," I groan.

"Oh," he raises his eyebrows. "She swears too, huh?"

"Please, just leave me alone," I urge, making my way through the library.

I walk into the hallway, hoping to shake him

Off. But he doesn't leave. I teach for my phone, ready to call Liam or Mary, but I don't get very far.

Out of nowhere, someone shoves into me, causing myself and my bag to spill out over the floor. My hands slap against the floor, protecting my face, but it's too late.

My forehead slams against the ground. Black spots form in my vision, pounding spreading through my head.

"What the fuck?" I exclaim, looking upward.

The guy who pushed me wasn't Jack Matthews, but it was his friend. He stands over me, laughing loudly at the scene before him. Jack comes and stands next to him, grinning sadistically at me.

"Fat feminist bitched get fucked," Matthews smirks, bending down to me.

I sit up, holding my hand up to my head. I don't comprehend their words properly. I'm too concerned with my own pain. I squint my eyes, trying to see more clearly.

"Your brothers so tough," the other boy says. "But you're fucking weak."

Then, he has the damn nerve, to spit on me. His saliva lands on my upper arm, but it feels more like a thousand knives stabbing my skin.

I move to get up, my limbs trembling as I support myself. I'm not even halfway up, when Jack pushes me back down again. This time, however, I land on my knees, and manage to keep my face safe.

"You're a fucking asshole, Jack Matthews!" I yell, trying to pull myself up again.

Jack chuckles loudly, and far too ugly. Seconds later, I feel more wetness on my neck, and I look up to see jack spit on me once more. His saliva drops down my back.

I hear the loud ring of the school bell, singling the end of the period. I look around, hoping no ones come out of their classes yet. By the time I look back at Jack and his friend, they've disappeared.

The tears come before I even expected them to. A breathe hitches in my throat, almost choking me. I gather some pens and snacks that fell out of my bag, and reach for my phone across the hall. I stuff them all back in my bag, and get up.

My legs are still shaking, and my vision blurry, but I manage to make it to the exit quickly.

I need to go home.