30

"Do it again!" I call, gripping the seat beneath me.

Oliver revs the engine, shoots me a mischievous smirk, and speeds down the road. I let out a loud laugh as we fly through the street, my stomach spinning in circles.

He presses the breaks, slowing down the car. I suck in a Breath I didn't know I was holding, and grin far too widely at the man next to me.

"I love it!" I holler, leaning into him. I grip his upper arm, desperate for more.

He chuckles. "We're outside your house. Don't you want to go inside?"

"This is so much fun!"

He parks the car outside my house, finally giving me all his attention.

"How about, next weekend, I'll take you to a race course?"

"What?!" I exclaim. "Yes!"

"Perfect," he grins, and presses a quick kiss against my forehead.

What an angel.

I sigh, and lean back in my chair. I look up at the house, not wanting to go in yet.

"What's wrong, baby?"

"I don't want today to end," I confess.

"Neither do I."

"Do you want to come in?" I turn to him.

He hesitates for a second, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

"Do you have to work?" I question.

"No, no, I took all day off," he says. "I just don't want to push it."

"Push what?"

"Us."

"What's worrying you?" I ask, suddenly much more concerned than before.

"I just, umm," he pauses, shoves his hair backwards, and looks back up at me. "Remember this morning, when we spoke about my past and feelings and everything?"

How could I forget?

"Yes?"

"I have a tendency, to feel much stronger than I should," he admits. "I take everything far too seriously, and I take everything to heart. I'm not a very fun or joyous person."

"Oliver, I-,"

"I feel very strongly for you, Lucy," his eyes pierce mine. "Much stronger than I think is normal, in such a short period of time. I don't want to scare you off."

"I'm not afraid, Ollie," I tell him.

It's the truth. Today was absolutely amazing. I know I still have so much to learn about him, but it feels superficial. His work, his parents, it all feels like the outside later. Today, I got to know the inside of him. I found out about his fears, his memories, his dreams. There's a lot to go, and I want to know all his quirks, and all parts of him.

I'm so glad he's so open about himself. I wouldn't be able to read him otherwise, his exterior is as tough as nails.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Oliver, look," I begin. "I want you to come inside, eat snacks, laugh, chat, and watch Toy Story with me."

He snickers, the corners of his lips tugging upwards.

"I want to kiss you so badly right now," he smirks.

We've been kissing all day, but I have a better plan.