24

Liam reaches over to the knob on the radio, turning up the volume. My eyebrows furrow even more than they already are, confused by his silence.

He hasn't even mentioned Oliver, but I know he knows. Oliver called me last night, telling me exactly what happened with Liam.

Apparently, Liam wasn't angry, but he was shocked. He's always been one to go with the flow, but I'm surprised he hasn't spoken about it at all. Maybe he'll have more of an issue with it if Ollie and I become an official couple. Right now it's just a date, after all.

Well, a little more than just a date.

I've had feelings for boys before, but never as strong as I have for Oliver. It's like I just want to be around him all the time. I don't even feel the need to talk to him, just be around him.

I let out a low grumble, and turn down the volume. He looks over at me with a frown on his face.

"What do you think of me and Oliver dating?" I question.

His lips pull up into a smile, but he shakes his head.

"Saw that coming a mile away," he laughs.

"You're not angry?"

"Well it doesn't make me happy," he says. "In fact, I'll probably hate it if it gets serious. I mean, my best friend and my sister. That's fucking weird."

"Liam, I-,"

"But for now, it's fine," he shrugs. "I don't have an issue with it right now. As long as you're both happy."

I sigh. I guess that's fine.

"Thanks, Liam," I say. "You're a good brother."

"I try," he laughs.

Liam pulls into a parking spot, and we get out of the car. We arrived early today, but the boys aren't at their usual outside table. Mary is, though.

"Hi babe," Liam smiles, wrapping his arms around her waist.

She giggles, but wrestled him off her, bringer her attention to me.

"God, you always look so colourful!" Mary exclaims, eyeing my outfit up and down.

"Aw, thanks, girl!" I smile, taking the hand she offers me.

I'm wearing a light blue coloured halter dress, with my hair flowing in curls over my arms. It took me forever to decide today's outfit, but its perfect.

Mary is wearing a black skater skirt, matched with a black band tee - a band I've never heard of.

Honestly, the two of us are a stark contrast but I love every bit of her.

We've grown closer and closer together as the days have gone by, spending all our free time together. She doesn't seem to mind hanging out with the boys, and gets along great with them. I'm so happy they've been so open to her, even Oliver.

"Aw my two favourite girls," Liam laughs. "BFF's."

"I should've been adopted into your family!" Mary jokes.

"Hey, no way!" Liam scowls.

I laugh at them, but Mary drags me through the school. It's already buzzing with students, so she doesn't hear me when I ask what's got her in a hurry. Liam's tagging along with us, and opens the door to the canteen when we get there.

Mary finally stops, and realises my hand. She looks at me with an excited smile on your face.

"I want to see how you and Ollie interact now you're dating," she grins.

I called her last night to tell her about Oliver, but Liam had beat me to it. She's almost more excited about our date than I am.

"You're so strange," I laugh, shaking my head in the process.

I look around the canteen, and spot the boys, including Liam, sitting around a table in the back corner, eating hotcakes.

My heart rate picks up when I make eye contact with Oliver from across the room. He smiles at me, raising his eyebrows in the process. I wave at him, and grin much brighter than usual.

We worm our way through the tables and chairs, heading over to them. Liam is talking about something, loudly, to Alex.

Kaleem waves at us, already scooting up the bench to make room for us. The others look over, greeting us.

"Hey, boys," I grin.

"Did you watch Suits last night?" Alex asks Mary, watching as she takes a seat next to her boyfriend.

The only seat left is the one next to Oliver, which is the one I want, anyway. His lips turn into a sweet smirk as he watches me slide over to him.

"Lucy Baby," he says.

I smile, watching the happy look in his eyes. He wriggles his eyebrows, teasing me. He throws his arm over my shoulder, and tugs me over to him. I giggle as my face digs into the side of my chest. The scent of wood and mint overwhelms me, but I love it.

Even though we've always been comfortable around each other, I thought it might've been a bit awkward now that we've confessed our feelings. But clearly, that's not the case. He's open and smiling, and genuinely happy, and I'm so content with how things are right now.

Oliver stops squishing me, and I move away from him, but stay by his side. He takes his arm off my shoulder but he doesn't leave me. Instead, he traces up and down my spine. I love my closeness to him.

"How are you doing?" he asks me, resting his elbow on the table to lean his head on.

"I'm excited," I laugh. "You seem giddy."

"Oh, I am," he chuckles.

"Shit, you guys are hooking up?" Kal frowns.

"I thought Mary was joking!" Alex exclaims.

"You still owe me the cash," Mary tells.

"We're not hooking up," Oliver says.

"It's just a date guys," I clarify.

But it's not just a date. It's more than that.

"Leave them be, guys," Liam tells them off, a scowl on his face. "It's not a big deal."

But it feels like it is.

God, this week is going to be torture.