29

Guuuuuyss!

Every time I upload a new chapter, there's more of you!

Thank you so much! I can't tell you how happy that makes me! You're absolute angels!

Lots of love, xxx

----------------------------

"Look at the little monkeys!" I exclaim, pulling Oliver over to them. He drags behind me, laughing at my excitement.

"We were just here!"

"I love the colourful butts!"

"I swear it's like you've never been to the zoo before," he laughs.

"I love animals!" I call. "Do you think its cruel that they're caged like this."

He nods. "I think it's okay when they've been rescued, but it's not okay for them to live their whole lives in the same area."

"Plus, how horrible would it be to be looked at all the time."

"I read an article once, that zoo animal's are happier than those in the wild but it didn't say how they measured it, so I can't trust it."

"Yeah," I scoff. "That'd be interesting to research, though."

"You want to do some research on monkeys?"

"I'd like to get a dog named George one day," I say, my mind drifting in a hundred different directions.

"What kind of dog?"

"Something big and fluffy."

"A Newfoundland?" he suggests.

"Yes! They're perfect!"

"I always wanted a puppy as a kid, but haven't even considered getting one for myself."

"what kind of puppy would you want?"

"A labrador or something," he shrugs.

"Oh, a black lab! They're just like you," I giggle. "Dark, but cute."

I try to focus my attention back on the monkeys, but I know he won't let me get away with that comment. His arms snake around my waist from behind me, meeting over my stomach. I lean my head against his chest, and he tests his on top of mine.

"I thought we discussed this morning," he whispers.

"Cute manly," I smirk.

"Hmm," he mumbles.

"A masculine sweetheart."

"I'm okay with that."

One of the monkey's nibbles on some kind of fruit, sitting on a branch a few metres away. It shares the fruit with its friend, but takes it back instantly.

"You want to get some food?" Ollie asks.

I nod, parting ways with him, but not for long. He throws his arm over my shoulder, and I hold mine at his waist.

We walk a few minutes down to a little restaurant, and take a seat outside. The sun blazes down on us, but it's not too hot.

Today's been great so far. We've been talking and laughing, and being far too affectionate. Ai absolutely love it. It's all just so easy and natural.

"How are you enjoying being 16?" Ollie asks.

"Well, I have a biased view," I laugh. "How long have you been 18 for?"

"I'm actually almost 19."

Oh. That's something I didn't know. An age difference I haven't fully considered.

"Does that put you off?" he asks.

"No," I shake my head. "I'm still young, but it doesn't change anything."

"Good, because I'm enjoying this far more than I should," he smiles.

"Are you surprised that we get along so well?" I question.

He shakes his head. "But I definitely didn't expect to feel this strongly about you."

I'm so fucking happy.

"Can you tell me a story?" I ask. "From when you were a kid. I want to know what you were like."

He laughs. "I was just like every other kid. I loved Pokémon in elementary school, I played ball in middle school, so I guess the only difference is high school. I was working while everyone else was studying."

"Do you ever study?" I ask. "How do you pass your classes?"

"I scrape by," he nods. "I'm good at my job, but I'm not very good at school."

"That's okay," I say. "School is overrated anyway."

"You're right."

A waiter interrupts our chatter to take our orders. We both order a grilled cheese sandwich with some chicken nuggets to share. Even though I love food, I have more questions about my date.

If I can even call him that. It's almost an interrogation. A very touchy-feely interrogation.

"Are you going to ask Alex and Kal to work for you as well?" I ask.

"I already have," he says. "Kal said yes straight away, but Alex wanted to think about it."

"Wow, I didn't even know."

"They'll be working in the office with Liam and me, running the place with me."

"That's so cool! I hope it all works out."

"I'm sure it will."

Oliver reaches his hand out to me from across the table. I place my fingers against his, and let him embrace them. He's looking at me so lovingly my insides are melting.

"How are you feeling about tomorrow?" he asks. "Matthews suspension is over."

I shake my head. I'm just hoping I'll not have to deal with him. I don't even want to see him. I'm not afraid of him, but I'm angry.

"I'll be there all day," Ollie says. "I'll even come to all your classes if you need."

He'd really do that for me?

"You don't need to do that, Oliver," I say.

I don't want him to sacrifice his study for me. But I have no friends in my year, and I do want some comfort around me.

"I don't want you to be alone," he squeezes my hand.

"Don't worry, Oliver," I assure him. "It'll be okay."

"I should be the one telling you that," he scoffs, fumbling around with my fingers.

He squints his eyes at me, watching my expression. I give him a sad smile, and head against my elbow on the table. He leans a bit forward as well, but I don't wait to scoot closer. I shift my chair around so I'm sitting right next to him. He laughs, and throws an arm over my shoulder. My face tingles as he leans in to whisper in my ear.

"Can I tell you a secret?"

"Uh-huh," I nod.

"I love it when you say my name."

I giggle, turning over to face him. Our noses are only inches apart, and I lift my arm up to place it just below his jaw, hiding in his curls.

"You do?" I smirk.

"It gives me goosebumps."

"Good goosebumps?"

"Definitely."

Before I let his smile fully form, I press my lips against his. The kiss is instantly deepened, and I taste the sweetness of him on my tongue.

My whole body is on fire.