Twenty-Five

CARI

I'm sitting here in this hospital bed holding my daughter. It hurts so much to know that she can't even go home with me yet. I've been crying since she was born yesterday. On the bright side she's everything, the best thing that ever happened to me. Looking just like her brothers and her sisters. It amazes me how much she looks like Bash tho, it's almost like he was pregnant and pushed her out.

"You still crying?" My mom asks walking inside of the room. "No." I answer. "That's good." She says sitting the bags of food down on the table. "Bash been back?" She asks me.

"He's on his way."I say. "Laiya look just like his black ass." My mom says making me chuckle. I was still sore and in pain so I really couldn't laugh as hard as I wanted too. I sat Alaiya on my lap and patted her back gently while burping her. She was so little and so cute with a head full of hair. "I'm gonna go now baby, I love you and my grandbaby." My mom said kissing my cheek and then Alaiya's.

"Okay mom. Love you too." I say watching her grab her things and leave. As soon as she walks out Basheer walks in. "I was texting you. Put your clothes on and stuff it's time to leave." He says. I sigh. I really don't wanna leave her. "Don't start crying yo." He says walking over to us and kissing me. "She gonna be alright. She will be home before we know it." He says taking her from me so I could get dressed.

I stand up slowly and grab my all black tights slipping them on. I put on my black and white button up shirt and my grey Yeezy's. The nurse came in the room and let us kiss her and say our goodbyes. I couldn't stop the tears. Bash held me in his arms rubbing my back. "This shit killing me just as much as it's killing you. I'm here tho and I'm not going nowhere." He says kissing my neck.

BASH

I had just got to my bitch Aisha house. Aisha having my baby soon too. I just keep slipping up. I ain't tell nobody about Aisha but my mom. In a month I'll have six damn kids. I need to get a vasectomy. I met Aisha a year ago in the mall. Aisha a bad bitch from Chicago that don't depend on nobody She grew on me after a lil while and I really fuck with her.

"What took you so long to open the door? I told you I was on my way." I say after she opens up all dressed. "I was putting my clothes on." She says. "Where you think you going?" I ask sitting on the couch and pulling her on my lap rubbing her belly. "Out with my sisters and my mom." She says.

"You ain't tell me that." I say. "Yes I did, I texted you." She says catching an attitude that I can hear all in her voice. "It ain't come to my phone." I tell her. "Whatever Bash. I'm finna go so I don't know what to tell you." She says standing up.
- -

It's been like three hours since she been gone. I been texting her phone and all. She walked in and threw her bag on the couch next to me. "Bout time you back. I been calling and texting you yo." I say sitting up watching her.

"Why you ain't tell me you still mess with yo babymama?" She asks with her hand on her hip. I raise my eyebrow. "What?" I ask trying to make sure I heard her right. I know she talking about Cari I just know she is.

"Cari. That's my bitch. We was in the restaurant laughing and joking, so she bring her babydaddy up. She showed me the baby which looked just like you. So out of curiosity I'm like who the daddy. Guess what she did?" She says all in one.

"She shows me a picture of you her and the baby in the hospital bed. A big happy family huh? Now I knew that you just had another baby but I didn't know you was still fucking with her! I damn sure didn't know it was one of my bitches Bash! You told me that you don't fuck with none of your baby mamas. You said that y'all only communicate when it comes to your kids." She says as her eyes start to water.