Twenty-Six

BASH

I'm sitting here with my mom. I really think I have a problem. I definitely had to come and talk to my mom about this shit. "Mom I just can't be with Cari though. I got love for her but I just can't." I explain.

"Well then do what you wanna do! Be with whoever you want to be with. You gotta stop telling these lil girls you want them to have your babies while y'all doing it." She says. I put my hands in my head. "You about to have six kids. Basheer damn. Just like your dad." She says.

My dad has 10 kids. I don't regret my kids but damn. I'm almost up there with him. "I don't want nothing to do with none of them. Starting today I'm not communicating with none of them if it ain't about my kids." I say in all honesty.

"But not Tanani though." She says. I give her a look and we bust out laughing. "You already know Nani ain't even no conversation. Ain't no leaving that one alone." I say standing so I can hug my mom. "I know son." She says. I kissed her cheek. "Love you mom. I'm about to go get Laiya since her mom got stuff to do." I tell her.

- -

I pull up to Cari house and get out. I sigh before pulling out my key. I unlock the door and see her sitting on the couch feeding Alaiya. "She ready?" I ask. I watch her sit up and put Alaiya in her car seat who was wearing a white long sleeve Moschino shirt on that had Moschino in black letters with a pink heart on it and some pink tights and pink socks.

Cari had to be the extra mom and But this big ass headband on her head. She went into the kitchen and got two bottles filled with milk that were sitting on the counter. "Don't drive all crazy either. She's premature." She mumbles. I guess she still mad at me about that Aisha situation.

"I know my daughter premature. The fuck." I say watching her buckle Laiya up. "Don't start with me." She says then puts the bottles in her diaper bag. I pick up her car seat and walk out of the house. That bitch just pissed me the fuck off.

- -

"What time you bringing my daughter back?" Zacaria asks over the phone. "Whenever you want me to fucking bring her. You saying my daughter like she just your daughter." I snap.

"Watch your mouth when you talking to me." She says. "Bring her around seven. It's four now so I should be finished handling what I'm doing." She says then hangs up. "Laiya ya mom acting crazy." I say putting her pacifier in her mouth. Alaiya a good baby she don't cry or nothing. Only time she cry is when she hungry or need her diaper changed.

"I love you babygirl." I say kissing her cheeks watching her drift off to sleep. I can honestly say my kids changed my life for the better. I bet my last I would be dead if I ain't have them. "Bro you gotta stop leaving ya door unlocked." Chino says walking in my house.

"I thought I locked that shit." I say rubbing my daughter back. "Oh you got lil baby over. Let me hold her." He says. "Here." I say as he sits down. I pass him to her. "Be gentle with my baby. She premature." I say. I'm dead serious though. I sound like Zacaria.

"Shut up I know what I'm doing. Wassup with her mom though?" He asks. "She found out about Aisha. Don't fuck with me. I don't care though it is what it is." I say shrugging. "Damn. Don't none of them fuck with you." He laughs.

"Shut up. The baby shower for Milly tomorrow though." I say referring to my daughter. I already know it's gonna big ashit. Her whole family gone be there." I explain.

"You gonna bring the kids?" He asks. "Yeah. Not Alaiya though." I tell him. She don't need to be around all that loud shit right now. "That's good and shit." He says laying Laiya in her swing. "Let me get out of here though bro. I gotta go get my son." He says dapping me up.

"Be safe."

- -

TANAI

I'm sitting here with Legend and Lyric. Legend is so bad and he's trying to fight her. "Legend stop!" I yell. He jumps and starts to cry. I'm not about to keep babying his bad ass. Legend isn't even one yet. "Mom I'm going with my dad to the baby shower right?" Lyric asks. I nod my head.

She's dressed in something simple just a white T-shirt with blue butterflies on it, some white shorts and her all white yeezy's. Legend has on a black Supreme shirt, green shorts and, black Jordan's. "Come on get your phone and purse so I can drop you off to your dad." I say picking up Legend and putting him on my hip.

We had just got to the car. I noticed Rain's car pulling up. I was confused she ain't call me or text me to tell me she was stopping by. She gets out and jogs over to me. "Hey Nani." She says. "Hey." I smile. "You on your way to Bash house?" She asks. "Yeah why?" I ask buckling Legend in his car seat.

"Can you drop Bayyon and Yiddy off for me. I just got called in to work." She says. I shake my head yes and I watch her walk back to her car. I know damn well she ain't get called in to work either. She had on a black leather button up dress, some black long leather heel boots, and a red Gucci purse.

"Thank you so much Nani." She says handing Yiddy while Bayyon gets in the car. "No problem." I must say myself that Rain keeps these kids up. She keeps herself up too. One thing I can say about Basheer is at least he ain't got no tacky ass ratchet ass nasty ass mothers of his children.

- -

"Took you long enough. How you get them?" Basheer asks letting us into his house. "Rain dropped them off and asked me to bring them." I answer. "Oh." He says. "Daddy don't get no hugs?" He asks the girls sitting on the couch. I watch both of them run and jump on him. He kisses them all over their faces, then he goes and picks both of the boys up doing the same.

Can't never say he ain't a good daddy, that's for sure. "Give me a kiss." He says walking over to me. "Ugh. Nope." I say mushing his face. "Now you don't wanna kiss me? But when.. never mind. I just remembered my kids in here." He says making me laugh.

"What time the baby shower start?" I ask him pulling out my phone. "One." He answers. "Oh okay." I say. "You know I love you?" He says kissing my cheek." I love you too Bash."

"I might be getting booked for lil while. You gone hold it down?" He asks holding my waist. I'm speechless as hell I don't know what to say. Where did that even come from?

"Huh? Bash what you mean? You know I am. But for how long and why?" I ask. "The shit I do Nani you know this. It's catching up to me. I should've been more smarter about it." He says. I sigh and put my face in his chest. "Everything gonna be good. I promise. I might get booked might not. But if I do it'll be for about two years." He explains.

I can't take it anymore. My eyes start to water and the tears just start falling. "Why you crying? Stop. You know I don't like seeing you cry. I love you, Imma leave money for you and my kids. I want you to keep everything In order for me." He says rubbing my ass and kissing my lips.

"I will." I say sighing and wiping my face. "Stay here until I get back. Imma drop Bayyon and Yiddy back off with they mom and shit. I should be back no later than five."