"Thanks for coming."  I sigh and close the door as I follow her to the living room.  I toy nervously with my necklace.  I really don't want to be mad at me.

"Well, you seemed desperate on the phone."  Ronnie sasses at me as she sits at her usual spot next to the window.

"I wanted to apologise for last night...  I shouldn't have been jealous and lashed out at you like I did."  I let out to clear the air between us before I tell her everything I have on my heart.

"Why were you jealous?"

"I don't know...  I--   Arghh!  I have been up all night, literally, thinking about why I did the things I did."  I run my fingers through my hair in exasperation and look outside the window at the sun setting over the buildings across the street.

"Whyyyyy?!" She lingers on the word with a smirk.  "Clearly you haven't been staying awake thinking about me... Did you?"

"No..."  I admit and look back at her.  I feel so nervous.  She knows me too much...

"What happened when you left?"  She narrows her eyes, still wearing her smirk, so I can't fully know where she stands.

"We talked and drank wine..."

"That's all?"  She asks and I get defensive of how she pretends more happened.

"What?"

"Why are you upset if that's all that happened?"  She justifies herself and I need to think of an excuse quickly if I'm not going to tell her the whole truth.

"Oh...  He isn't answering his phone.  I have texted him all day and he doesn't answer me."

"Can't you guys take a break?!  It seems like it's all you seem to do, work."

"It's not for that."  I tell her and realise she doesn't know I plan to leave Steeve.

"Then, why?  Why is he truly here, Grace?  With your hottie in London, I thought you would be rushing there every chance you got.  Why having Mr. Angry Pants drive all the way here?"

"He offered to come and drive me back to London."

"OK...?"  She exclaims for more answers, knowing how oblivious she is.

"I am leaving Steeve and I am scared...  We packed his car with some of my things-"

"What?!  How did I not know that?!  And he offered?  I guess he is not all bad..."  She frowns and looks away, getting clearly lost in her thoughts.  It gets me wondering...

"What happened between you two the other night?  You never told me..."

"You weren't one to really be open to what I had to say..."

"Well, I am ready to hate him now."  I smirk at her as she chuckles slightly and gets more comfortable against the couch.

"We will need to get back to the Steeve thing later.  I want to hear what finally made you decide to leave that jerk."  She points her finger at me with her brows high on her forehead.  I nod and she licks her lips quickly, looking through my window.  "He was just so cold...  Zero affection.  He barely kissed me.  Well...  He didn't kiss me back, at allI mean, he knows how to use his lips everywhere else, but he just seemed so distant."

"I don't quite understand..."  I let out and frown.  When I kissed him last night, it was magical, my body still convulses to the the excitement I got when he did kiss me back...  What could she mean?!