I get awaken with a good shake of my body from a hand owned by the green-eyed man staring at me.  I jump of surprise and look around me.  It's dark out and my bags aren't with me.

"My bags?!  They got stolen!"  I let out, my heart racing inside of me.  These are the last things I own, I can't have lost them!

"No, there are not.  I got them to my room a minute ago.  Relax."  He coldly informs me as I straighten myself on the chair, wiping the drool I might have on the sides of my mouth.

"Thank you...  Why didn't you answer my texts?"  I ask calmly, looking at him standing in front of me.

He pushes his glasses on his nose and crosses his arms together.

"I was driving to London.  I had a meeting.  I just came back.  I answered you."

"I don't have my phone...  It stayed at the flat and I can't go back.  I left him."  I look down and I feel so small in that chair.  I don't know how to process Marcel's attitude, but with the adrenaline all gone, I am left ashamed and shaking, tears rushing again to my eyes.

"Come on."  He says and turns around to walk to his room. 

I get up in a hurry and follow him.  He wears a black tee with black jeans, moulding his body perfectly.  My sight gets lost on his skin.  It looks so smooth.  I frown and remember...  He drove to London and back to be there for me?!

He unlocks his door and opens it wide for me to get in.  I find my bags by the telly and this huge bed perfectly made.  His computer is set on the little study, with his satchel on the floor next to it.  His luggage is on a large chair at the corner of the room.  It's really clean and cosy.

He closes the door behind him and I don't make more than a few steps.  I turn to look at him and I feel incredibly lucky that he is here at all.  He didn't have to drive all this way and show me support more than work related.

My body thinks before my head and I step closer to him to sneak my arms around his waist.  My head presses itself on his chest, pulling him to me in a hug.  My hands slide on his shirt to pull him tighter to make this embrace warm and comfortable, but he rips himself off me.

"You need to stop doing that!"  He warns me roughly, as it bruises my ego.  I quickly feel the need to justify myself.

"It was a thankful hug.  I am sorry.  I needed it and thought you wouldn't mind."  I step away with shame, thinking back how he regretted the kiss we shared last night.  I quickly dry my tears, feeling more rejected than ever.  I take a hold of my necklace around my neck and toy nervously with the charm hanging from the chain.

What a mistake it was!

He stays silent and looks at me, making me feel even more horrible about myself.

"I mind."  He says and it really digs the ache in my heart of being rejected that way. 

I understand I overstepped and after being rejected by him last night, I shouldn't have hugged him.  I know he isn't the hugging person at all, but I need it.  I have just left everything I have ever known for the biggest gamble of my life.  I don't know if this work with Marcel on my book will be successful.  There's no guarantees.  And I have always lived my life by a plan.  I seem to have screwed it up big time now.  I just want some comfort in my distress.

"You have been so kind to me, Marcel.  It didn't engage you into anything, it's just a hug..."  I shake my head and turn around, realising the mess I am.  "I guess you aren't the only man I disgust today..."  I murmur and look for a way to escape this awkward exchange between us, wiping the tears from my face.  I walk towards the bed to sit.