"Did he tell you that HE killed his father?!" Paul steps in front of me, his face full of pride and absolute joy to hurt me like that.

I can't begin to describe how shocked I am. I am completely petrified. This can't be. He just said that to spike me. And it works... I try to run through my memories in a second to get clues that it's a lie, or indeed the truth, but I can't seem to concentrate. Paul is practically gloating in front of me as I question everything. This can't be true, can it?

"By the look on your face, I think not. But then again, it's not surprising."

I get sick to my stomach a second. I feel completely lost in this moment. Why am I even believing him?! He must be lying! It isn't like Marcel to want to kill someone, even less his own father which he adores...

"Stop lying to me. We both know you feel threatened by him." I blur out, completely out of my mind, with no idea what to say back to him.

Paul steps closer to me and I try my best to look confident and strong, standing my grounds and standing by my man. I also try to continue my rant before he continues his.

"You don't get to talk about him this way, you don't get to manipulate me nor him anymore. And soon, Edith won't believe your lies either. All you've done is try to bring everyone down because of your pathetic low self esteem. Like? Who are you? I see you everywhere, but do you actually work? Soon, Edith will see you for what you really are. A gold digger!"

I look straight up into his eyes and I see how poisonous he becomes. I've hit him right on! But as I get prouder, I become more and more terrified of his behaviour, because he is losing it right in front of me.

His jaw is clenched, his hands are fisted and his eyes are killing me. He takes a step closer and hovers his disgusting face full of hatred over mine.

"You dumb little cunt, you don't know-"

"Step away from her. NOW!" Marcel is coming behind me. His voice is heard before I get to see him. His voice commands attention, but not mine. Paul's.

I don't expect what happens next at all. Marcel pushes me out of Paul's way with an arm and rushes to him. I stubble a little and bump into people gathering to see what is happening.

I can't even think to apologise to the person I've bumped into, I'm completely consumed and preoccupied by what is happening in front of me. I look around quickly and finally see the hotel's security jogging towards the men from the other side of this gigantic hall.

It's like the world is going to a million miles an hour, but not to me. I feel like I'm stuck in slow motion, paralysed by what Paul has said to me and Marcel jumping at his throat. What will security do with him once they catch him? And if Paul tells them the truth, or lies to them about Marcel being a murderer, then will they take him away from me? Not before he's explained himself to me first. He won't hurt me, right?

I look back at Marcel and step closer to hear what they are saying to each other. It must be shocking because Marcel takes his collar with both hands and knocks Paul's head against the lift's metal doors. Mace's jaw is clenched and his expression is angrier than I have ever seen him.

I look around again completely horrified, people are gathering to look at the scene, but thankfully none of them are Edith. I rush towards the men before the security does and try to get Marcel's attention. What is he doing?

"Mace, you've got to get out of here. Now!" I whisper loudly to him, in a hurry to run away before the security gets a good look at him or even gets to him.