When we get to our door, I invite Marcel in for tea. He takes place with a 'thank you' on one of the couches and I follow Sophie to her room.

"I know it's weird and you don't trust him..."

"He is a jerk, Grace. You shouldn't waste your time only for a good time."

"See, Sophie, I trust him. I believe him when he opens up to me. I have seen him change in front of my face. He is going out of his ways for me and I can't believe he would do that just to sleep with me. I like him a lot. I just want you to give him a chance. Join us for tea, it's your time to ask all the questions you want. Then, we will have the truth."

"What makes you say he won't lie to us?"

"He won't. He never lies. It isn't like him."

"Maybe you don't realise how bad this could get, your relationship with him. I have been through it once. I have heard my roommate cry every night when she wasn't with him. I won't let it happen again."

"I am not her. I know I am naive, but even if it's for a little while, Soph, he makes me feel something I have never felt before."

She sighs and rolls her eyes. So I go on, I need to persuade her. I believe in him.

"I am not her. She wasn't me. You have no idea how it feels to be judged by how you look all your life. So, to meet somebody that not only doesn't care, but actually likes me for the intelligence I have and the soul that I am means the world. Plus, we have so much in common. And tonight, he was there when I needed him, which is more than I could ever ask for. I am not joking or drunk when I say that he means a lot to me, more than he should. I just want you to have a cup of tea with us." I let out and plead my case to her, ending with a deep sigh.

She looks at me, clearly annoyed a bit and I am sad to put her in such a bad mood. It was bad to begin with because of her friend in the club, but I guess Sophie is a moody drunk. It wouldn't be the first time she is.

When my water boils, I pour our cups and join Marcel in the living room where I had left him. He hadn't moved nor made a sound. He just patiently waited until I joined him on the couch. I hand him his drink and he carefully sips the burning liquid gently. He smiles instantly and frowns at me with playfulness all over his traits.

"English Breakfast?" He sounds surprised.

"It is. I made sure to have some for when you would visit." I grin to him and bring the cup to my lips.

"Good girl." He murmurs, his eyes burning into mine, behind his mug.

Without even taking a sip of my tea, I put it down on the coffee table in front of me. I blush so hard that my whole body heats up in reaction of those two words he has said to me.

I look away once Sophie joins us in the living room. She gets a seat on the other couch and tries not to seem as bothered as she really is. I don't know how to start the conversation, so I jump head first.

"Marcel? You do know Sophie, right?" I sit on the end of the couch to get a better view of them.

"Yeah, we have talked a few times, mainly thanks to you. I know she works for the company and everything." He responds nonchalantly, sipping his tea and resting it back between his legs, holding it with two hands.

"Did you know her roommate?" I ask him with all my attention, but my question makes him frown and he puts his cup on the table.

"Is that what your text was about?" He adjusts himself on the couch and frowns harder at me.