Marcel's posture is very straight as if he was tensed, but I remember too clearly how he got annoyed when I told him that, replying he only had a good posture.  So, I can't really read if he is being at ease or stressed.  Sophie has made herself very quiet since he got here.  I am a bit disappointed, but I make sure to always keep her glass of wine filled. 

Since neither of us is making conversation and I know Marcel's hate for small talk, I can't start talking about irrelevant things like the weather or how was everyone's day.  But thinking about work makes me remember to tell Marcel about what went on in the elevator before I left.

I tell them both what happened when Paul got in the lift with Edith and I.  I quickly add the idea I spontaneously had, which surprises both of them, but not in the same way.

"You volunteered to go to the book fair?  Why would you do that?  Your book is not even published..."  Marcel frowns as it differs from the immediate joy Sophie's expressed me on her traits.

"I know that.  That's why I asked your mum if we could publish the three first chapters that we would be distributing as a gift at the Wright Books section of the book fair.  It'll do amazing publicity until the book finally comes out.  We'll have established already a public."  I reply with drive and passion on my idea.

He looks at me in silence, wearing the same cold grin he always has.  His eyes gaze intently at me.  He seems lost in his thoughts.  I lose a bit of my enthusiasm to look at his expressionless response to my idea.  I am very proud of it, so why wouldn't he think so too?

"What did they say?"  He finally wonders, thinking this through.

"Paul was instantly happy about it.  He was actually surprised I had this idea.  He has clearly underestimated me.  He was all for it.  With the both of us, it was all the more easy to convince your mum.  She was resistant, thinking about all the cost it would have without having anything in return.  But Paul explained the marketing aspect of this strategy and how it could bring us many more readers."

"But the demographic going to these events are ranged at a higher age than the target public your story will attract."  He justifies, still reluctant to the idea, but understanding the points I am making.

"Exactly.  It widens our range.  If the people there get the book for free, they will be more inclined to take it and read it.  If they don't like it, they might give it to friends or children that might appreciate it more.  Either way, people will read it, know about it and talk about it."

"I see.  So, you're telling me we have to review and publish your three first chapter in a week?!"  He finally gets around the idea, but realises the amount of work we will be under next week. He is right.  I didn't fully think this through.

"Yes!  Thank God you had beautiful maquettes already made for the book.  But since it's just a taste, we don't need to have the final version of the cover.  And since I'll be there as well, we don't have to put my picture on the back.  So the photoshoot we have already scheduled in three weeks doesn't have to change."

"You're telling me you'll be going to Edinburgh next weekend?"  Sophie quickly realises, getting alarmed.

"I am."  I nod to her and turn back my attention on Marcel, still heavily thinking this through.  I have no idea what he thinks of this.  I am a bit disappointed, because at the moment, in the elevator, Paul made me feel like I was a marketing genius.  I'd hoped my editor would have thought the same... or at least my lover.  "I was actually hoping you would join me..."

I don't even have the time to daydream about what we could do and what it would be like that he responds.

"I won't."