I'm standing in the dungeon. Alone. I see the crowd of strangers walking passed me, playing with each other and looking at me like I'm the shiny new toy. It's exactly like when I went with Mace. I recognise Ratchett, leaning against the beam I had found him at when I got out of the bathroom last weekend. This time, I don't walk to him. I already know what is going on.

I walk forward slowly, afraid but knowing what I will find. Whipping sounds make me jump in surprise. They are loud and they electrify the whole flat. The music isn't loud enough to cover it. I hear the whip again, but this time it's followed with a cry. It's so loud and strident, I don't understand why people just stand there and watch. Because that's what they do, they walk passed me to get a better view.

I walk towards the attraction that has my blood freezing in my veins. I hear it again, the cry. I recognise him. My heart drops to my heels as I recognise Marcel's cry of torture. I push everybody out of my way and the flat seems unrealistically long. I run through the crowd for what seems like endless minutes. I start to lose hope as to if I'll ever get to him. I do, but as soon as I see him, I regret this sight of him.

He is standing like Jesus Christ during the crucifixion. He has both arms tied up to the St.Andrew's cross, as well as his ankles. I can't see his face, his back faces the crowd, but his head falls to the side with a grimace of pain. I run to his side and take his face between my palms.

"Oh my God, Marcel.... Why do you let this happen to you?" I say to him, struggling to keep my tears inside. I must be strong for him. I must get him out of this!

He doesn't dare look at me. I see the shameful grin on his face. I try to erase it with a kiss and then another and walk around to see the damage that has been done to him.

I shut my eyes close, my stomach in my throat. This is horrible. Tears fall from my eyes as I see all the blood on his tattooed skin.

"Isn't he beautiful?" I hear Kate's voice from behind me.

Such feeling of disgust overtakes me. My heart pounds loudly in my chest. All the rage I have inside me right now can push me to just murder her right there and then. I feel so terribly angry and profoundly mad.

"How fucking dare you!?" I let out between my teeth and look back at Marcel.

I walk closer to him and see how the whips have stroke him enough to cut him hard, making his skin bleed. The tattooed wings are cut and hidden behind thick tears of blood dripping down to his bare bum.

"I'm painting the canvas." She says to me from behind my back.

I feel a dagger in my heart. I don't realise how literal the pain becomes until I feel her hand press on my shoulder to thrust the blade deeper through my organ of love. I cry out the pain, putting both of my hands on my chest as if it could help my heart beat.

I hear Kate laugh next to my ear, but thankfully it grows farther from me and I get some liberty to get closer to my beloved.

"Marcel... We don't have long." I murmur, wincing from the pain and try to reach for the tie around his left hand. "I'm going to free you. You will only have a little time to escape before she finds you again."

He rolls his head back, showing me how little energy he has. I try to forget my pain, adrenaline helping me a little, to free his other hand. The second both of his hands are free, he loses all posture. I try to keep him standing, but he collapse on my back as I try to undo his ankles. I cry out as he adds pressure on the dagger. It thrusts deeper through my heart. I seem to notice the blood overflowing out of my chest for the first time. I don't understand how I could be still alive with this pool of blood at my feet.