twenty

The rest of January flies by and we all finish our mid terms. All that's left are finals and we can finally breathe, but that's not until May. And the anxiety for the year to be over is killing me.

"So what are we gonna do?" Liam asks me.

"About?"

"About Curly" Liam chuckles when he said that.

"Well, I don't know. I'm not very good at planning things" I said, and dug myself under his chin.

We're currently enjoying each other's company in his backyard, looking at the stars. I consider this a date. Just being together with him, being held by him, talking about nonsense, letting the stars tell our future. It's all just perfect, especially when the moon is not covered by the clouds and it shines brightly down on us. And I never thought I'd say this but, Liam looks just as beautiful in the moonlight as he does in the sunshine. While the sun illuminates the essence and the beauty that is Liam—making him seem like a bigger ray of sunshine—the moon, however, makes Liam seem like something out of a fairy tale. The way his eyes shine a bright, but still dark, brown and the way his facial structure looks more profound, makes him look like a sculpture come to life. It's all just a masterpiece. Liam should really be in a museum.

"I mean I guess I could plan something for Harry. But this is going to be difficult, I barely know the specifics of Harry Styles" Liam said, letting out a deep breath. He sounded disappointed in himself and honestly, I would be too if I put myself in charge of organizing a party.

"All we can do now is just wait and see"

"Yeah Zayn, waiting is nice and all, but wouldn't it be nice if we actually took the wheel, if we set the course for tomorrow, if we are in charge of what happens to us?" Liam said, and I looked up at him.

"That's a lot of work"

"We can't always get what we want"

"Well I got you" Liam said and I smiled. I felt myself blush and my face burning.

"Stop, this is not about us" I said in between a smile.

"You're right, this is about Harry and his birthday tomorrow" Liam said.

And silence takes over. We've known the kid for a year, ever since he moved across the country. You would think that in a year you would accomplish a deep bond with someone, but no. The only person that managed to deepen that bond with Harry was Louis. And right now, we know his alive, but nowhere to be found. He could help. He should take over in organizing this party.

"Maybe we should text Louis?" I suggest.

"I don't think he'll respond"

"He responded to Harry, why won't he respond to us?"

"Yeah, that's because Harry is someone extremely dear to him, it's like he found a piece of him" Liam said.

I had nothing else to say about the matter and just let out a deep breath. This is difficult. If only Louis could stop being so petty and come back.

"Let's just enjoy the stars, alright?" Liam said and I nodded.

I rest my head on his chest and hear his heart beating. It's so calm and steady, almost like a lullaby. But the warmth radiating off his body keeps me awake and the smell of his cologne that makes him a million degrees hotter. I wish I could capture this moment and treasure it forever. Everything is just perfect, of what my idea of perfect is. Liam's chest is one of the best places on this Earth and everyone should experience this magic. Well, actually no, I'm the only that gets to lay in his chest right now because I, as the boyfriend, have claimed this property and no one else should invade this area of Liam's body among others.

I hear snoring and I look up to see that Liam has fallen asleep. How is possibly for him to look adorable while he sleeps? It's like he's an angel no matter what he does.

Damn, how did I get so fucking lucky?