fifty two

Monday comes around and I feel like complete shit. Is it possible to have a hang over that lasts two days? Because that's what feels like it's happening to me right now. This is why we teenagers are not allowed to drink, we get carried away and lose control of ourselves...and so begins the downward spiral of addiction. But good ol' Zayn here is not going to become an addict, no sir. I will sober up by the time I get to school.

If I can make it to school that is.

I've been stopping every five minutes to catch my breath because I feel one of two things: 1) nausea or 2) lightheaded. None of this is actually fun since I occasionally mistake one for the other and don't know if I should panic or not if this a warning sign from death saying 'Hey I'm coming for you.'

Somehow though, I get to school before the bell for first period rings.

"Zayn? Are you like, here?" I heard someone's voice say, but I couldn't quite recognize who it was.

"Um, I don't know? I feel like I'm here but I know that I'm not" I respond with my head down on the desk. I look up and see Gigi.

"How much did you drink on Friday?"

"How much is an entire bottle of vodka?"

"Zayn holy fuck" Gigi says and sits down on the seat next to me.

"I'm okay though" I say and put on smile.

"Stop lying and where did you go during the party?"

"What do you mean? I was with you guys the whole time" I responded, confused. I don't remember much but I know for sure I spent the entire night with the group. Right? I mean that's what it feels like but is it really true? Fuck, I hate it when there's a gap in the timeline.

"No you weren't, you were with us for like half an hour and disappeared for two" Gigi said and she fixes her hair, moving her out of her forehead.

"Oh what the hell?"

"Yeah... I was hoping you would remember something but clearly it's no use" She says and lets out a deep sigh.

"If I remember anything I'll tell you okay?"

"Okay"

We both smiled at each other, reassuring that we're consciously making this agreement. What if I'm still drunk and I don't remember any of this in the future? Fuck that would be so cool, but bad at the same time.