Chapter Four ~ And So, a Popular I Shall Be

>>> Okay lovelies! I finally fell asleep at four thirty, and woke up at five fifteen...  To say I'm a little out of it would be a vast understatement, and being sick on top of that, my day of being in bed sleeping is going to be pretty blissful. But, I have ideas bursting from my head for this and I just can't keep them down!

So here you go dears!!!

Picture: Jayde Denning

Love always,

<3 Mykenna <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Konan's POV

        I can't decide whether I should let the whole situation be, or whether I should try and talk to her about it. Aubrey seemed distressed yesterday after I dropped her off, but being the gentleman I am, I let it drop. Besides, it isn't any of my business to begin with. But letting her deal with it - whatever it is - alone seemed like the cowardly thing to do.

        "You know, you look better with a smile." Jayde, my fuck friend coos, playing with the collar of my royal blue button down.

        The drives to school usually consisted of her going down on me, but not this time. This time, she was acting a bit reserved. "Are you feeling okay?" I ask, glancing at her before looking back at the road.

        "Yeah, why do you ask?"

        "You're not usually so reserved so I didn't know if you were okay or not." She nods, and before I know it, she's unzipping my pants. "We are going straight to my house after school," I mumble, tightening my grip on the steering wheel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aubrey's POV

        Stepping out of my car and into the crowded school parking lot today is probably the hardest thing I have to do all day. The royal blue dress flapping around my thighs is beginning to feel too tight, the brown belt seeming to crush my rib cage. "Damn Princess," I hear a familiar voice coo. "Don't you look hot." I turn just in time to see Konan wink at me. I take him in, seeing that he's wearing a matching button down and dark fitted jeans.

        "You're not too bad yourself, Your Highness." I smirk, walking beside him to his group of friends.

        He surprises me by putting his hand on the small of my back. "Guys," he calls once were close enough. "This is Aubrey Curtis." Immediately, I am the main event, up on display to be scrutinized abd judged. Will they accept me? Wait! What do I care what these people think?

        A girl, who's probably 5'8 with silky black hair and golden eyes, steps up with a gentle and warm smile on her face. "Hi! I'm Cameron." She offers her hand, and as soon as I take it and - oddly enough - smile back the whole group warms up, all except Jayde Denning, resident mean girl and ultimate Queen Bee. If anything, she is judging me the most.

        "So, Konan," Jake injects, smirking openly. "This is the one?" Konan nods, an innocent smile lighting up his face. Jake nods, checking me out. "Good taste."

        "Well," Jayde jumps in. "He picked me, didn't he?" By Jayde's fake smile and the way her eyes lit on fire, I could tell she was overbearing and protective over what was hers.

        Jake just frowns. "Yeah, I guess." He turns to me, a smile instantly changing his strong features. "So Aubrey, what's your first period?"

        I give him a half-hearted smile and reply, "Calculus." He nods thoughtfully.

        "Beautiful and smart. Nice." My cheeks flush with heat and I nod. "Can I walk wi-"

        "That won't be necessary, Jake." Konan pops in, grabbing me by my hand and tugging me to class. What in the-? Why all of a sudden is he so... possessive? As if he owns me? As if reading my thoughts, he smiles down at me and says, "Sorry about that. I just don't want him using you the way he uses other girls." His blue eyes widen for a split second, suddenly realizing he said something to make it seem like he cares.

        "It's cool... I guess." I just couldn't wait to get into the classroom and forget all about this for a while, even if only for forty five minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Konan's POV

        I could feel the jealousy radiate off of Jayde. It isn't misplaced because honestly, Aubrey is hot. Probably hotter than Jayde herself. "Why her, Konan?" She questions at lunch, before I'm about to go over and invite Aubrey to sit with us.

        "Because she's the best nobody I could find. Her potential to be one of us is crazy. Just trust me okay?" Without waiting for an answer, I stand and saunter over to get table, consisting only of Aubrey, Anastasia and Aimee. "Hey Princess," I murmur in her ear sweetly. Why? I honestly have no clue. But, her reaction was well worth it. She jumps sky high and spins around to face me with blazing eyes filled with annoyance and hatred.

        "What do you want, Your Highness?" She grumbles.

        "Come sit with us." I coo, brushing her hair away from her neck to tease her. "Please, Princess? For me?" I bat my eyelashes at her and smile my best smile. Oddly, this only gets a frown out of her.

        "Don't touch me." She growls. Turning back to her friends she mutters something about seeing them later. As she stands, she tosses her half-eaten lunch away and follows me to my table, the new purse on her shoulder looking foreign. Oh well, she'll get used to all of it. Eventually, it'll be a habit to sit with us and mingle with us. I just hope for her sake she doesn't get caught up in it and make some really bad choices.

        One can hope, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>> So guys! How'd you like it? A lot I hope!!!! Well, I don't think it's too bad, considering I'm sick and running on an hour of sleep. But, nonetheless, I tried and in my book I succeeded.

I hope to update again soon, so keep checking up because this one is going to have rapidly fired updates. No specific schedule because I have finals next week so... then Sumner!!!! And you guys get all the updates you want!!! So with that pleasant spout of information, I am going to sleep! 

Love always,

<3 Mykenna <3