Chapter Seventeen ~ Alone again...

>>> Yes, it's been confirmed. You guys hate me. You're going to hate me a lot more... but hey :)

<3 Mykenna <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aubrey's POV

        "You... You bitch." I sneer, staring at my mother, who is looking everywhere but at my face. "How could you do that? To him? To me?" I chuckle. "I forgot. You don't care."

        "Of course I care, Aubrey. You're my little girl."

        "How could you still think that? How could you do this to us? Why do you get to decide whether he lives or dies?"

        "I'm his wife."

        "Oh yeah? Well a pretty sorry excuse if you ask me. Why do you, a bitch who skipped out, get to decide whether a man who has always been there lives or dies? For twelve years, Reneé, I have been there for him. I have been his best friend, his only companion, his rock, his fucking everything, and while you were out doing God knows what with God knows who, he's done a better job alone than with you. You are a useless, pathetic excuse for a wife and a mother and I'll be damned to Hell before I let you decide whether my best friend dies tonight or not."

        Through my whole speech, she has just stared at me, gawking like a dying fish. For what feels like hours, we stand there, staring. "You really hate me that much?" She finally whispers, breaking the murderous silence. I can do nothing but nod. "I guess I deserve it."

        "You guess? After twelve years of not being there, you choose now to connect with me?" I chuckle incredulously. "And over my father's death bed? Hell no. I can't let you in, not yet. Not after..." I glance back at my dad, who is pale, but looking better than before. "Not after this."

        "I understand."

        "Do you? Do you fully comprehend the gravity of the situation? Do you understand what it is that, by shutting everything down just when he's fighting his hardest, you are doing?"

        "Yes, Aubrey. I understand. It kills me, but I understand." I chuckle heartlessly and nod.

        "Then can you at least give my best friend and I a moment to say our goodbyes?" She nods and everyone, even Konan, leaves the room, leaving my dad and I to be ourselves once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Konan's POV

        "How could she still be so strong?" I mutter.

        "She's definitely her father's daughter." Reneé chuckles, sitting between Aimee and I. "No doubt about it."

        "How heartless do you have to be to do this to your daughter and still make a fucking joke out of it?" Aimee pipes up which is definitely unusual.

        "Excuse me? Just who do you think you-"

        "No, I'm not done." Aimee stands in front of Reneé, fists clenched and arms shaking. "You waltz right into her life again, after disappearing for forever, and expect everything to be hunky dorry? How sick are you?"

        Reneé stands and glares at the three of us, muttering, "I don't have to deal with this from dough brained teenagers."

        She begins to walk away before I stand myself and say, "We obviously know more than you do." She stops. "And besides. You've hurt my Princess enough. I think it's best if you sign everything over to her and leave." Just slightly, her shoulders sag and she nods.

        "Yeah... Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>> Do I get any love for this chapter :) I mean, I'm still leading y'all on not knowing whether he lives or dies.... it's cruel really, but entertaining :)

A new update is coming soon! So be prepared!!!

<3 Mykenna <3