Chapter Eleven ~ Do I sense Sibling Rivalry?

>>> So the last chapter, I feel, was pretty good payment for the cruelty of the one before it, what with me putting Aubrey's dad into the hospital and still deciding on whether to kill him or not... SPOILER! :3

So, this is just something to keep you busy while I get you to my main attraction, which won't be coming till the later chapters.

Long update, I know, but hey. It keeps you on your toes (for those of you who actually read this part).

But, without further ado, here's Chapter Eleven!

Love always,

<3 Mykenna <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Konan's POV

        I couldn't stop staring at Xander, who was still holding onto Aubrey's hand. I couldn't stop hating him. "Aubrey, I think I should take you home." She looks at me, no sign of disappointment - if anything it's relief - and she nods.

        "Let me get my purse. Start the car, will ya Charming?" A deep and familiar smirk takes shape on her face, which calms me.

        As she walks to the dining room to bid my pareNts a goodbye - Jesus, they love her - my God forsaken brother speaks up. "She's a catch. Really hot for a seventeen year old." He chuckles and claps his hands together once. "Total jailbait." I spin to face him with rage in my eyes.

        "She's not that kind of girl, Xander. You can't toy with her." I look toward the dining room door with a much softer expression, where my mother is hugging the life out of Aubrey, giggling with each other. Yeah, my parents love her. "She'll toy with you right back."

        Xander gasps. "Is my baby brother going soft for a girl?"

        Looking back at Xander, my expression hardens a bit. "Yeah, and she means the world to me so if you even think of taking her from me I swear I will-"

        "Konan, let's go before your dad pulls me back and gives me a room." Aubrey says jokingly, but I blush anyway because the thought of Aubrey being in the same house as me makes me extremely happy. She looks at Xander with a vague expression, showing indifference in her eyes.

        Throwing my arm around Aubrey's shoulders, I lead her out to my car where we sit for a bit. "Sorry about that." I laugh, turning to her, which immediately takes my breath away. Her brown eyes look like warm amber instead of their usual chocolate color and her lips look so inviting that without thinking I lean forward.

        She laughs, throwing her head back. "Ours fine, I just kind of wanted to leave. You looked uncomfortable." A silent moment as we stare at each other. "What's his deal anyway?"

        I'm the one to break eye contact. Beginning to back out of my driveway, I respond, "Just the black sheep of the family is all. He only comes around when he needs something and stays for, at most, three days. Then he leaves abd we don't hear from him until he shows up again or gets into some sort of trouble." I shrug, glancing at her. "That's just who he is. When it comes down to it, he'd rather leave than take any sort of responsibility."

        "He looks a lot like your dad." I nod. "What did you mean when you said you "picked me" earlier with your mom?" Damn. I'd been hoping she wouldn't remember. But then, this is my Princess we're talking about.

        "I specifically picked you for this... job... because I knew I would win..."

        I stiffen when she snaps her head to face me. I don't want to see the emotions she has displayed on her face, but I have no other choice. Shit! Her face has fallen into a deep frown and her eyes are on fire. "So you picked me to "help" because you wanted to win this stupid bet with Jake?"

        "Now that it's being said out loud, it sounds completely ridiculous. Listen, Aubrey -"

        "Whatever you're going to say, I'm not going to listen. You said it was your senior project to make a friend outside of your own social group. You lied, Konan." When we come to a red light, she opens her car door and gets out.

        "Aubrey, where are you going?"

        "Home." As she's walking, I see her sucking on her Marilyn piercing, a sure sign that she was annoyed to her wits end.

        The light turns green and I begin following after her slowly. "Princess, just get in the car abd I'll take you home the safe way."

        "What the fuck do you care?!" She yells, turning to face the car. I pull over and get out, jogging to catch up with her. "This was just a game to begin with, so why is it all of a sudden different?!"

        Stepping in front of her, I grab hold of her shoulders, making her face me. "Because-" Oh God... it's time to tell her the truth. "B-because I..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aubrey's POV

        I stare at Konan as he struggles to speak. "Because why, Konan?" He doesn't respond, just stands there staring intently at me. Just as I'm about to pull away, he cups my face in his hands and starts to pull my face closer to his.

        "Because you mean everything to me. I don't know how you did it, but the thought of losing you tears me apart. For a month and a half now, you've been all that I think about, and every single time we're together, whether alone or not, I get the strongest urge to pull you into my arms and hold you and tell you exactly what I'm telling you now. I'm just so afraid that you don't feel the same." He pauses, leaving me in shock when fear clouds his beautiful, green eyes. "Do you...?"

         "I..." The truth...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>> Hey guys!!!!! I know, cliffhangers suck, but I can't just give you everything in one chapter :3 you're going to have to wait until the next chapter to see what Aubrey decides to do and what happens with her father, unfortunately for you.

But again, all in good time my dears. :3

Well, it's late, I'm wide awake, so you might not have to wait that long for chapter twelve. :)

That's all for this chapter!!!!

<3 Mykenna <3