Chapter Twenty ~ End of The Road

>>> Hey guys! I know it's been forever since I've updated, and I'm sorry, but I've just been super busy (If you read the message, then you understand). But! I'm here, writing this, because I love all of you! 

Just letting you know ahead of time, this story is reaching it's end. Spoiler, there's only five chapters left, plus the prologue to the new story I'll be publishing soon. So, be prepared for that. 

Now, enough with the update! Let's get to the story! 

<3 Mykenna <3 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Aubrey's POV 

        "Large black coffee." I call out, setting the steaming mug on the counter. The other girl, Jamie, taking the orders, gives one to me, smiling like a fool. I glance at the order and begin to make it when I pause and look at the oder paper again; new york style cheekscake and a large white chocolate mocha with five pumps of espresso and six pumps of white chocolate. Konan. I think happily. After I finish his order, I set it on the counter, where he's waiting with a huge smile on his perfect face.

      "Hey, Princess." He says, kissing my nose lightly. I laugh and roll my eyes, leaning on my elbows at just looking at him.

        "Hey, Charming. What got you out of bed at-" I glance back at the clock on the wall. "Nine o'clock in the morning?" 

        "You did." His smile broadens and he leans over the counter to kiss me. The kiss is sweet, but deep and filled with all sorts of emotions. "And don't think I forgot, even though I know you want me to." I quirk my head to the side. "Happy birthday, Princess." 

        I groan and throw my head back. "You had to bring that up, didn't you?" 

        "Yes! You're eighteen now, which means you're a big adult." 

        "I'm more of an adult than you will ever be." He gasps, feigning hurt - what is it with him and that? - and drops his head.

        "You're killing me, Bri." He lifts his head back up, smiling once again. This smile actually reaches his eyes, causing them to glimmer with excitement. "Okay, your shift is over in ten minutes, and I'm taking you somewhere for this amazing occasion." Sighing, I go and complete the six orders placed while I was talking with my almost-boyfriend-guy. 

        Already, I knew, today was going to going to be long. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Konan's POV

       After her shift is over, Aubrey goes to the back and changes out of her uniform and into street clothes; a red and black plaid flannel with a black low cut tank top underneath, black skinny jeans with slits cut all the way down the front of the legs, and black and white high top Converse. Her blonde hair is tied up in a high ponytail with a red bandana wrapped around her head, pinup style. "You look cute." I smile at her, earning a light blush, and she just nods her head. 

        "Thanks. So what exactly are we doing?" 

        "It's a surprise." She sighs and follows me outside to my car. Like a gentleman, I open her door and close it after her and then we leave for our destination; my house. 

        As soon as we turn onto my street she looks at me in awe, her brown eyes sparkling; there are cars lining the curbs as far as the eye can see, cars in my driveway, and music bomping from my house. "What the hell? When were you going to tell me that we were going to a party you're throwing?"