Chapter Twenty Three ~ Queen of Hearts

>>> Herrow!!! Here's the new chapter I promised!! 

Song: "Painting Flowers" by All Time Low 

Enjoy! 

Love always, 

<3 Mykenna <3 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aubrey's POV 

        For three days, I didn't leave my room, giving my cuts a little time to heal so they weren't so red and obvious. Every few hours, Konan would drop by with sweets, or just to check on me. Of course, I took them, because that's exactly what I needed, and of course he knew that.But, I had to go to school eventually.It was Thursday and it was pouring, which gave me the perfect excuse to wear long sleeves and a jacket.

        Still trying to look the part Konan and I had created, I dressed in a black, cropped tank top, high waist black jean shorts with rips in the thighs, a black leather jacket that's long in the arms, and black studded stilettos. I've curled my hair, and done a large wing with a smoky eyes effect, and my nails are painted with royal blue starting at my cuticles, then fading into a turquoise. All in all, I look like the popular Aubrey, who had no problems and was as ahppy as any teenage girl could be.

        As I pull up to the school, I see my group of friends - Aimee, Stacey, Jake, and the others - but no Konan. And further along, I see Jayde with her cheerleader friends giggling as the freshmen walk past. It takes all I have not to walk over and rip those fake, cheap extensions out of her hair, but I do it. The one thing I don't do is go to my friends, because I know they'll ask if I was doing okay and I'd have to lie and tell them that I'm fine. And also because I know Aimee and Stacey will want to check me, and I'm not ready for that either. 

        So I just walk past, doing my best to not look at them and to not attract their attention. Surprisingly, I make it past them easily and I calm down as I walk to my locker, adjusting my sleeves so they don't rub against the aggrivated cuts. Again, I make it without any issues and minimal social incidents, but as soon as I catch sight of my locker, I stop dead in my tracks; there he is, leaning calmly against the metal lockers, as if today was a normal day. Of course, that's what it looked like to anyone else. But to me, I knew better than that. I knew him enough to notice the missing glimmer that used to be in those mesmerizing green-blue eyes. The color in his skin has drained and he looks like he's barely alive - emotionally, I mean. 

        I have two choices; I can go to him, let him explain and apologize and we'll go back to being us or maybe more, or I can walk away, holding off our makeup a little longer, killing us both a little more. After debating for a little less than thirty seconds, I decide to go back to normal and be happy with him again. 

        My gaze nevers leaves him, and I'm mentally willing him to look at me, to run to me like he did when I dropped off the face of the earth the first time, to kiss me the way he did when he came over. I just want him to touch me and hold me. 

        My wish comes true and as he's scanning through the crowd, his eyes meet mine. It's just like I'm walking down the stairs of his house again; everyone has disappeared, time is standing still and I just want him. I want his hands around my waist, my fingers in his hair, and our lips locked together like our lives depend on it. 

        Before I know it, we're sprinting to each other, and when he's in reach, I throw my arms around him and press my lips to his so hard that I think they'll melt togehter. He kisses me with just as much intensity and passion as I'm kissing him with. Butterflies and fireworks and stampedes erupt in my stomach as his fingers brush my skin and press into my back and chills run down my spine when he bites my lip softly. I push my fingers through his hair, feeling how soft it is, earning a small sigh in return.

        "I love you so much." He whispers between kisses.

        "I love you too, you jerk." He pulls away and looks down at me.

        "Why am I a jerk?"

        "Because you let Xander talk to me." He looks at me with a confused and slightly irritated face, but kisses my forehead anyway.

        "I'm sorry about what happened on Sunday, Princess. I didn't even know she knew about the party. Someone must have told her, and I swear I'll find whoever did it and-" I press my lips to his, effectively shutting him up.

        After I pull away, I say, "You talk too much." He smiles and leans down, kissing me again, but it's a sweeter kiss, slower but just as passionate. When he pulls away, he leaves his forehead pressed to mine. His warm breath brushes against my cheek and I shiver.

        Behind me, I hear a shrill and angry shriek, and when I turn, I see Jayde, her fists in balls at her sides and her face as red as a tomato. "How?! How can this be possible?!"

        "Just give up Jay-" Konan stops as soon as he notices that I'm not in his arms anymore, but in Jayde's face.

        "Listen here, you narcissistic, jealous, little bitch. Stay away from Konan and I."

        She smirks. "And what if I don't?" A smirk of my own spreads across my face, causing hers to disappear. Then, before I can think too much about it, I thrust my fist into her smug little face. She cries out in pain, holding her nose which I hope is broken. Under her right eye is starting to purple, and before I get in trouble, I turn and grab Konan, walking away.

        "Holy shit, Princess. You can pack a punch!"

        Nodding, I smile and kiss his cheek. "I know. That's why she won't fuck with us again."

        "Jesus, I love you." As we enter our first period class, I know everything will be okay, as long as I have Konan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> So?!?! I hope you guys liked it :) short, I know, but the last two will be much, much, much longer!!! And that's a promise!!!
I love all of you!!!!
Love always,
<3 Mykenna <3