Chapter Sixteen ~ Why?

>>> So y'all probably hate me for last chapter, but I'll make it up to you, I swear! Spoiler alert,  I'm only going up to twenty five chapters with this :) Then I'm starting on Falling. I may do a one shot, but probably not. I'm still deciding.

Hope you stay to the end :)

<3 Mykenna <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aubrey's POV

        I wake up to silent whispers, emanating from the door way, where I then see Konan and the doctor speaking in hushed and aggressive whispers. "You can't do that to her. It's been a week since his monitors went off when you gave him the night. To give up now... It'll kill her."

        "I understand that, but keeping him on life support isn't doing either of them any good. He's brain dead, sir. If he did wake up, he would need to be assisted all the time and be suffering until the day he died."

        I pretend to be asleep while they continue to argue, taking everything in. They couldn't be serious... He has never stopped fighting, even when his monitors went off... They can't just- "Bri, wake up." Konan shakes me gently, 'waking' me up.

        "What is it?" I ask, trying to sound groggy.

        "Aimee and Anastasia are here to see you." I sit up and run to the waiting room, where I see my two best friends, arms open and smiles on their faces.

        "Jesus Christ, Bri. You look like crap." Stacey says in a sympathetic tone.

        Starting to cry with joy, I laugh and reply, "Gee, thanks Stacey. I really appreciate that." Both girls laugh with me and walk with me back to dad's room.

        "So he's really not there is he?" Aimee asks, staring at my dad with tears in her eyes.

        "Yeah, pretty much. The doctors want to cut life support but... I don't think I'm ready for that."

        "No one expects you to be, Bri. He's your dad." Stacey places her hand on my shoulder, rubbing it softly. "We support whatever decision you make."

        "Actually, it's Reneé's decision..." Silence engulfs us as we stand at the side of my dad's bed.

        "Aubrey?" Speaking of the devil. "I... I just signed the papers..."

        Then... the breath in my lungs leaves.

        No...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>> You hate me... I know. But it's okay. I'll make it up to you :)

<3 Mykenna <3