Day 21~ Smudged memories

💦 Don't forgot to vote and comment 💦
~Aquamarine~
~Day 21~

I followed my friends down Route 118, my head hung as low as it had been for the past five days. I thought they'd help since they'd started figuring out who I was but they just became most distant, talking amongst themselves and excluding me from conversations. To make things worst, 10 days and my time was up! I was getting desperate. North Wind would not stop pushing me to leave, as my guardian, it was her duty to keep me safe and I couldn't be mad at her for that.

Looking up briefly, I spied my friends a head of me and sighed softly, feeling my lungs ache. Not sleeping in close to three weeks leaves its mark and I was suffering heavily from the fatigue of it all, medication was expensive and more then I could afford on my own and as usual my supply had been liberated during my last visit to Team Century's base... not that I had many left at the time anyway.

~Your mind wanders young Mistress.~ North purred in my head, her voice strong and reassuring. ~May I assist in the configuration of your thoughts?~

Shaking my head, I lightly brought my fingers to her Pokéball hanging safely around my neck. "Not right now North." I muttered as my friends turned to look at me. "I'll talk with you later."

"Who are you talking to?" Holly snapped, eyes narrow with suspicion. Holly was both a tall and intimidating person and while generally I wasn't scared of her, right now I knew she could squish me like a Bug-Type.

As I looked away, I felt myself flinch, quickly taking my hand from my necklace. "No one... myself..." I sighed softly, knowing I sucked at lying. I always had.

Holly didn't look any less suspicious. "What's that then?" She replied without skipping a beat, pointing to where my necklace sat hidden.

My hand swiftly covered the spot where the charm that held North Wind's Pokéball. "It's nothing... just a necklace." I replied quickly, clutching what lay underneath.

"Show me." She snapped, pushing me further into the corner she had created for me. One of the reasons I liked Holly being my friend was I never had reason to be intimidated by her but now, I was actually scared of my best friend...

I flinched from her again, my eyes tearing up, not wanting Holly to take North from me but not wanting to explain the Pokémon contained within - I couldn't risk it with the little spy I had following me. Hesitantly I pulled the charm from beneath my shirt, holding it up to catch the suns light. To the eye of most it was a crystal Pokéball with purple and blue hoops around it, only I knew of the secret within.

My brunette friend raised an eyebrow, green eyes dancing with suspicion but Alexa spoke before Holly had a chance. "It's fine Aqua, come up here." My friend gestured from me to walk beside her. I quickly followed her instruction, tucking North away beneath the safety of my shirt.

"We promised to help you but we've just distanced ourselves from you haven't we?" Alexa spoke calmly, in a tone I couldn't quite read, regardless I nodded silently. "Your time is running out isn't it." Again I could only nod.

"Ten days..." I responded quietly.

Alexa sighed. "So, we have some for of a relationship with you and we need to remember who exactly you are for you to be free of Team Century?"

"I don't think I'll ever be rid of them..." I muttered softly. "Not until they're gone or I am."

For the first time in ages Holly gave me a look of pity, her emerald green optics holding the same protective look she used to have for me daily, a look I dearly missed but one I forced myself to look away from.