Day 17 ~ Falling Stars

💦 Don't forgot to vote and comment 💦
~Aquamarine~
~Day 17~

Standing out on the stage, the blazing spotlights heating my skin. Gripping my ball tightly in my fist, I stepped back, my left arm reeling back before I lurch forward, my Pokéball leaving my hand and hurling through the air. It burst open with a flash of rainbow glitter,

Dawn Chime hummed softly as she landed into the pool of water, surfacing as she flicked her head back and sung. I took a deep breath in, standing firm as a splash of water showered over me. "Okay..." I muttered softly to myself. "Dawn Chime, begin with Blizzard - gentle, just like we practiced."

My elder Lapras cooed, swimming around in a tight, delicate circle before she, with a energetic cry, released a Blizzard over the crowds head. Some screamed, some were awed as the fine snow fell sprinkled over the crowd.

"Now, Dragon Pulse." I ordered.

Still keeping up with holding back, Dawn Chime swept the snow with a Dragon Pulse, keeping all points of contact above the crowds heads. Several chunks of ice exploded, showering the crowds with a dusting of snow and tiny crystals. I gave it a moment to settle in, taking in a deep breath before continuing with the second part of my act.

Letting out a deep breath, I continued. "Okay Dawn Chime, time for a dance. Use Sing and your field."

My beloved Water/Ice-Type let out a happy cry, diving beneath the waves of the above ground pool. She spun, twirled moved to her own rhythm as she sung out her turn for the crowd to listen." As her own glitter hit the water, it was caught in the current she made and followed through, making the water dazzle with her.

"Lets wrap it up, use Blizzard one last time!" I called.

With a cry of acknowledgement, Dawn Chime dove to the bottom of the pool before building up speed on her way and leaping her large body above the surface. She spun around, using Blizzard to freeze the water that had come up with her before following it up with Dragon Pulse - before my calling to. I winced as, despite it being part of the planned act, this would be seen as disobedience and hurt my point total for this round. 

~I am sorry Little One, I got excited...~ She whimpered and she bowed her head to the crowed.

I gave her a smile, no hard feelings. I returned her to her Pokéball and gave a curtsy to the crowd as the pool lowered and the normal field closed over. I turned on my heel and left the arena, gripping the wall for support as soon as I was out of sight, already out of breath. I still hurried my way back to the air conditioned waiting room where I downed a few cups of water and two of the little complementary sandwiches before Alexa found me,

"You did great! Too bad about the ending though..." She praised.

Taking a third sandwich, I nodded. "Thank you... Dawn Chime was just moving a step ahead, it happens. You did really well too, I had no idea Shelgon could move like that."

"It took a lot of training but I knew it would pay off and it might just come in handy when he evolves into a Salamance too."

"Oh it definitely will." For such a large Pokemon to be able to throw itself around so... well gracefully, it really is something to behold."

My friend chuckled. "Thanks, come sit, Holly's waiting."

"But I'm hungry..." I muttered, not really wanting to be around Holly as the air between us had become extremely tense ever since she discovered who I really way. It scared and hurt me to be treated like a criminal by the one who had taken me in for the past three years.