5

Just on the edge of the Northern Territory, a cave buzzed with liveliness. This cave lay in the heart of a high, high mountain. Clear blue ice coated the walls, smooth snow serving as the ground. Many humans lived in this massive cave, tents pitched up all along the cave floor, torches lined up in the ground. Small wooden buildings built into the walls. Stables with horses and livestock. Stands for armor and weapons. Humans walked around, talking, putting armor on, sharpening swords and tools. Others tended to horses, fixed up buildings and gates, treated the injured. And some came in from the outside, covered in snow, their horses tired. This was the very place where the humans of the South prepared for war.

The headquarters of the Sliver Corps Clan.

◇◇◇

"DAMMIT!" Eren Yeager yelled in frustration, kicking over a small empty box that was on his left.

"Calm down, Eren" Captain Levi Ackerman ordered sternly.

The small hunting party had finally returned to HQ. But out of the five soldiers sent, only four returned. Once Levi had heard that Mikasa Ackerman had fallen off a cliff and got caught in an avalanche, he immediately told Erwin the news. He and Eren were now waiting on what plan the Commander had for this situation.

"I'm not just gonna calm down!" Eren yelled, bawling his fists, "what the hell is taking the Commander so long?!"

"Don't question Erwin, Yeager" Levi warned, "he's trying to figure this out as fast as he can."

"Well he isn't trying fast enough!"

"Hey, what's going on?" a new voice asked. Then, Eren and Levi saw a small group of Sliver Corps soldiers walking towards them.

The one who had asked the question was Armin Arlert. He was a rather thin boy, but did have some muscle on him. He had golden blonde hair reaching a little past his chin, and ocean blue eyes. Behind Armin was Sasha Braus and Connie Springer. Sasha had long dark hair, done up in a long ponytail, and amber coloured eyes. Connie barely had any hair, only a grey buzz cut, and had yellowish eyes. All three of them wore standard sliver armour, a brown cloak on their shoulders.

"What's going on? Is something wrong?" Armin asked again, growing even more concerned.

"Mikasa Ackerman got caught in an avalanche during a hunting expedition" Levi told them, crossing his arms.

"WHAT?!" Both Connie and Sasha exclaimed. Armin's face changed, from slightly concerned to downright worried.

"H-Has a search party been sent out?" he asked, his voice shaking.

"Not yet" Levi responded briskly.

"And that's just the fucking problem!!" Eren yelled again, kicking over another box.

"We can't yet. Erwin must consult with the High Council first. Once he comes back, we'll know if we get to send a party or not" the Captain explained.

The four teens nodded in agreement (as much as Eren hated that.)

Commander Erwin was in charge of the Sliver Corps Clan, but he did have superiors of his own. Every action or decision he made, he has to consult the High Council first.