53

Mikasa

I awoke to a cold draft nipping at my bare skin. I groaned slightly as I pulled my feet up a little, hiding it under the fur blanket that was over top of me. My hand begins to search for something- or rather, someone- warm, but I found nothing. I furrowed my brows in annoyance.

Then, I heard a slightly rumpling of bedsheets, then a pair of arms coil around my waist, a chin resting against my shoulder. A warm body pressed itself against my own, instantly filling me up with a feeling of security and safety. I smile, gently brushing Annie's hand with my own.

Thoughts of last night came rushing back into my head, as my face grew hotter and hotter. It was.....incredible. She was incredible. Even though I knew my body was completely covered in bruises and bite marks, and the fact that my legs felt like jelly, none of that mattered. I would let her do all that again in a heartbeat. The things she did to me.....I didn't even know you could do that to another person. It was amazing.

A shudder went down my spine when I felt her hands suddenly begin caressing my stomach. A pair of lips lightly kissed the nape of my neck. I giggled quietly; I guess she figured out that's where I'm the most ticklish.

"Good morning, Miss Touchy" I snickered. I heard her chuckle.

"Good morning" she replied. "Sorry if I woke you......but you know I just can't take my hands off you."

"I'm aware" I laughed. I then moved my head to the left and my lips met with hers, pulling into a soft, gentle kiss. Her hands roamed my stomach and hips; her palms felt rough, yet they were so delicate. She then moved onto her back, as I followed in suit. I placed my head against her upper chest, her arms wrapping around me.

"You know......I wouldn't mind waking up like this every morning" she sighed blissfully, running her fingers through my hair.

I smiled widely at the thought. Waking up in Annie's warm and protective arms every morning? Sounded like a dream come true.

"Yeah. Me too" I answered, placing a small kiss against her neck. We lay in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, as I mindlessly traced my fingers along her skin; some parts smooth to the touch, others cluttered with rough, rigid scars. Her hand ran up along my back and shoulders.

It was moments like this that I just adored. Any moment with her......it's something that words can't explain.

"I....really missed this" I just barely heard Annie whisper. I lifted my head to look at her, caught off guard by the sudden change in the tone of her voice. She had her eyes lowered, as if she couldn't look me in the eye. I sighed.

"Don't do that."

She cocked a brow. "Do what?"

"Feel guilty about what happened" I put a hand against her face, stroking it softly with my thumb. "You apologized; we both did. You don't have to worry anymore. I'm here, you're here, and that's all that matters."

"I know, but....." she grabbed my hand which was on her face, her thumb running over my knuckles. "I can't just.....forget what happened. I hurt you, Mikasa, and what if I....."

"Hey" I stop her before she could even finish her sentence. She's doubting herself, letting the bad overthrow the good. I hated when she did that.