Epilogue

"Wakey, wakey, sleepyhead..."

"Mmmggghhh" Annie groaned in protest, shoving her face even deeper into the pillow in an effort to keep both the morning sun and her girlfriend's gaze out of her face. She still couldn't grasp the concept on how Mikasa could wake up so early in the morning and have so much energy.

"Come on, you lazy butt. It's a beautiful morning" the ravenette said again, gently poking the blonde's side. When Annie didn't move, she sighed, rolling her eyes. She had learned very quickly that her Werewolf girlfriend was not a morning person, emphasis on the not.

Just when Annie felt as if she was about to slip back into a calm, steady slumber, she felt a weight press against her back. She half-opened her eyes and saw Mikasa laying against her back, her chin resting against her palms. Annie did a sluggish dip of the eyes before shoving her face back into the pillow again.

"If you're trying to do what I think you're doing, it won't work" she mumbled.

"Not at all. I just wanted to get a closer look at that cute face of yours" Mikasa sneered, her smile wider than ever. The ravenette laughed quietly when she saw her girlfriend's cheeks turn slightly red at the comment. Annie then slowly rolled over onto her back, Mikasa moving up slightly, looking as if she was about to stand up, only for her to place herself down on the blonde's stomach. Annie raised a brow at the black haired girl.

"Are you trying to seduce me, Mikasa Ackerman?"

"~Maybe" Mikasa moves closer so that their noses brushed together. "Is it working?"

Annie waited a minute before answering. She then smiled, her hands finding the other girl's waist. "Certainly." She broke the distance between them and captured Mikasa's lips with hers. She felt the ravenette's smooth fingertips trail up and down her side, sending a shudder down her spine. Her hands drifted from her waist and under her shirt, running a finger along her spine. The blonde smirked when she felt Mikasa let out a muffled sigh against her lips. Annie then sat up, pulling the other girl onto her lap as her lips traveled down to her neck, softly kissing the ravenette's skin.

"I should wake you up this early more often" Mikasa purred, running a hand through her blonde hair. She bit her lip when she felt Annie's lips move downward some more. Before the blonde could do anything further, however, Mikasa blew some air right onto Annie's face, causing the blonde to pull away and scratch her nose.

"What was that for?" she grumbled, scratching the tip of her nose with a finger. Mikasa only giggled.

"As much as I want you to keep doing what you're doing" she rested her arms atop Annie's shoulders, "I need to go down to the market and grab some food for tonight, since we're almost out."

"Do you have to?" Annie asked, sounding much like a child, causing Mikasa to chuckle again. "You know I hate it when you do this, right?"

"Oh, I know" the ravenette got up from her lap and hopped off the bed, walking towards the door. But before she walked out, she turned flirtatiously around back at Annie. "It'll give you something to look forward to tonight."

It wasn't until she was far away enough when Annie realized that the ravenette was only wearing a white tank top and a pair of rather short shorts. She had seen her wear that countless times, yet she couldn't stop all the heat to rise to her cheeks.

"So," Annie cleared her throat, trying to hide her obvious blush. "What am I doing to do while gone?"

Mikasa smiled, resisting the urge to laugh at her girlfriend's completely red face. "Well......the garden looks like it could use some water, if you don't mind."