52

A/N: Some 18+ stuff ahead. Y'all have been warned.

Annie

Everything hurt.

It wasn't just my emotions- those, in fact, we're already far too hurt to be healed. My whole body was aching, shaking so badly that I couldn't stop it even if I tried. Mikasa had her arms around me, whispering soothing things into my ear as she rubbed my back. She always made things better, no matter what she did. I clung onto her body tightly, not wanting to ever let go. Not again.

"I'm so sorry, Annie" I heard her say for about the thousandth time. I know she felt guilty, asking this of me. But she was right; I was vague about...pretty much everything. She deserves to know the truth. I was so sick of lying to her.

I finally look up at her, tears making my vision rather foggy. I quickly wipe them away. "S-Stop apologizing. You wanted to know, so I showed you."

"Yeah, but not like this!" she suddenly exclaimed, startling me a little. "I...I-I hate seeing you like this. I-I sh-shouldn't of-"

Now she had begun to cry. I instantly wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into a firm hug. I hated seeing her cry; someone as amazing as her didn't deserve to feel that way.

"It's alright, Mikasa" I whispered to her. "I'm okay. You're okay. We're....both okay."

After a few minutes, she finally looked up at me, her eyes red and her cheeks wet. I lift my hand and wipe them away. She had her gaze lowered, as if she was afraid just look me in the eyes. I would show her different.

"Hey" I lightly grabbed her chin, tilting her face so she would look at me. She finally looked up, uncertainty in her eyes.

"Do you know what's the worst part of all this?" I asked her.

She sniffled. "W-What?"

"Seeing you cry" I smiled warmly at her. "You know I hate it when you cry; it ruins a beautiful masterpiece."

She looked at me, her eyes still slightly teary and wide, her mouth slightly agape.

Shit. Should I have said that? Did I just make this worse? I then felt a feeling of quick relief when I saw a blush form on her cheeks.

"How is it that you can be both upset and so sweet at the same time?" she asked, her voice clearing up. I only chuckled in response.

"Well, I guess you could say that you bring out the best in me, even at times like this" I reply, kissing her forehead softly. I heard a light chuckle as she nuzzled closer to me. I immediately coil my arms around her waist.

She was amazing. No, not even that- words couldn't even describe her. Despite all the bad shit in my life and what I've done to her, she's still here. Frankly, I was expecting her to run off as soon as I told her I had powers, but even then she didn't. She even called them cool.

Someone as incredible as her......didn't deserve to be with a complete shit show like me.

"Alright" she pulled away, wiping her eyes clean. She squeezed my hand, which both calmed and worried me a little. "Now it's my turn."