26

Earlier that night, while Annie and Mikasa slept peacefully in each other's arms, Marcel Galliard sat alone in a buffalo skin tent, his thoughts drifting him away from the real world. Four days, and still no signs of Annie Leonhardt. Marcel wouldn't show it to his comrades, but he was worried. Really worried. Himself, along with Pieck, Porco, Bertholdt, Reiner and Zeke had spent three of those four days looking for her. Each of them found nothing.

The brown haired boy's stomach hurt. Much like his brother Porco, Annie was like a little sister to him. He watched over her, and made her happy through hard times. One time stuck clear in his head though.

Eight years earlier

The sounds of yelping and crying filled the woods right near the Werewolves' camps. Grindor, whose beard was much shorter and face looked younger, looked down at a little wolf pup, who was down on her knees, crying. Annie. He glared down at her with disgust.

"You useless brat" he snarled. "I only attacked once, and you're already out of commission."

A younger Annie choked on her tears, wiping her nose with the back of her hand. She was covered in bruises, newly created scratches on her arms. She panted heavily.

"Your aunt intrusted me with training you" Grindor knelt down in front of the wolf pup. "She didn't care how I did it; all she wants is a strong, fierce and loyal warrior who will do whatever she commands"

"In other words, a slave..." Annie muttered.

Grindor heard her words and growled. He raised a big hand and smacked her across the cheek. The blonde yelped in surprise, the side of her face burning.

"Silence when I am talking" he grumbled. "What's rule number one?"

Annie was silent. Then, Grindor hit her again.

"What's rule number one?" he repeated, his voice low with anger.

Annie wiped her the side of her mouth, which had started to bleed from the last hit.

"L-Listen and obey orders. Never question them."

"Good. You remembered."

As much as Grindor thought this kid was weak and a waste of his time, he couldn't help but feel a little bad for her. Because of her bloodline (and the fact that her aunt was a psychopath), she had to endure his training, which wasn't easy. He brushed those thoughts away.

"I will mold you into the wolf the Queen wants you to be" he stood up. "Whether you like it or not. You will obey my every command. You will fight when I want, kill whoever I tell you to. You disobey me in anyway, I will throw your useless corpse to the scavengers. Do you understand?"

Annie whispered quietly, on the verge of tears. "Y-Yes."

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, G-Great One."

The big man huffed. He turned his back to walk away.

"Go rest. Your training resumes tomorrow."

Annie, who now sat alone in the woods, started to cry. Tears streamed down her bruised cheeks. Her whole body throbbed in pain.

Little did she know that during that whole endeavor, someone was watching. A small, brown wolf pup lay in the snow, right behind a large rock. Once he was in the clear, the wolf pup walked over to the crying girl, and shifted to his human form. He put a hand on her shoulder, and Annie looked up.

"M-Marcel?" she said, her lip quivering.

"Hey, Annie" he gave her a comforting smile. "Are you okay?"