Chapter 3

I woke up from my nap, yawning and stretching. I went downstairs and saw Mikey and Frank sitting together on the couch with some coffee.

"I've noticed that Patrick is starting to mature," Frank said. "He's finally starting to grow up into an adult neko. But Gee isn't, he's still just like a little kitten when he should be maturing at this age."

"He's a runt," Mikey said. "He's always been behind his litter mates. He was the last to walk and the last to talk. He isn't just physically behind in size, also mentally and emotionally. It's going to take him longer to grow up than everyone else around him."

"Oh, that makes sense," Frank mumbled.

"If I were you then I would find him another playmate," Mikey said. "Patrick and him can still be friends and stuff but he's gonna need someone that's closer to his age mentally."

"Yeah, I get it, Gee got really upset when Patrick didn't wanna play pirates with him anymore or play with his crayons and trains," Frank said. "He's gonna need someone to play with him."

I hurried into the room, crawling onto Frank's lap.

"Can I have my snackies now?" I asked.

"Yeah, you want some crackers and milk?" Frank asked.

I nodded and Frank left, leaving the two of us alone.

"Mikesy, is Daddy gonna get me a new friend?" I asked.

"You can still keep your old friends but we thought it might be best for you to have friends who are still at the same mental stage as you," Mikey said. "Then you can have someone to play with since Patrick is starting to grow up."

I nodded sadly and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"Don't get all upset now," he said softly. "You'll love having a new friend to color with and play pirates with."

"Patrick can play pirates with me," I said.

"Patrick is getting too old for pirates," he said.

My lip quivered and he held me tight.

"We're gonna make sure to get you a really nice neko for you to be friends with," he said.

I nodded and he kissed my cheek. Frank came back with my snack and I curled up on his lap as I ate.

"Daddy, when you get me a new friend can you make sure they're super duper extra nice?" I asked.

"Of course I will, Sweetheart," he said, kissing my cheek.

I rested my head on his shoulder, eating my snack as I turned on the tv. The two talked together while I ate.

"Can we go to the baby store today?" I asked.

"Yeah, that sounds good," Frank agreed. "We can go after you finish eating and go get dressed."

I nodded, eating quickly.

"Bye bye, Mikesy," I said, giving him a hug before I ran upstairs.

I changed into a white dress that had little baby blue flowers on them and a pair of my baby blue vans. Mikey was already gone when I went downstairs and we got into the car. We went to the baby store and I squealed happily as I looked at the pretty clothes.

"Can I help you two with anything?" The worker asked.

"Uh, I don't know," Frank mumbled.

He looked so nervous, probably just about the babies.

"Do you two have a surrogate?" She asked and I nodded. "Congratulations, Do you know the sex yet?"

I shook my head. "Too early to tell now but we're having four babies."