Chapter 29

I sat down in the train, smiling as Cherry cooed and held my finger.

"Hello, cutie," I muttered. "We're gonna go on a little ride."

I gave Frank a kiss and he held my hand.

"I love you," I said.

I held his hand as the train started moving and soon we were going.

"It's gonna take about fourteen hours to get there," he said.

"That's so long," I whined.

"That's the closest place that doesn't have every airport shut down from the snow," he said.

I nodded, kissing Miles' forehead.

"But hey, we got our own little room so it's going to be nice and comfortable for us," he said.

I nodded, laying back on the bed. Cherry crawled onto my stomach and I smiled over at her. Frank laid beside me, smiling over at me.

"It's gonna be okay, beautiful, it really is," he said.

I nodded, running my fingers through Lily's hair. She purred softly, laying down on my chest.

"Daddy, is it warm where the new house is?" I asked. "Is it fun? Is it safe?"

"Yes, it is nice and warm all year round," he said. "And it should be fun, we live on our own little private section so there's a lot of land to run around and play and it's right on the beach. And it's safe, I made sure of that."

"Daddy, I'm scared of big water," I said.

"Well, maybe we can get a pool if we have to stay there for long," he said.

"H-how long are we staying?" I whimpered.

"I don't know," he said. "Hopefully not too long, we just need to make sure that it's safe before we can come back."

I nodded, curling up to his side.

"This is boring," I muttered. "I'm bored!"

"I know you are, maybe you can take a little nap," he suggested.

"Not very tired," I mumbled.

I wrapped my arms around him and he smiled.

"Go play with the babies and I'll get us some snacks," he said.

I nodded and Frank left the room. I set the kids on the ground so they wouldn't fall off the bed and smiled as I held Miles' hand, helping him stand up. I tried getting him to walk and he lifted up a foot before falling down. I chuckled softly, petting his ears as he purred. Frank came back a little bit later with some snacks. He handed me some candy and little snack bags of chips.

"I think for dinner you can have a teeny little bit of wine," Frank said.

I gasped, looking at him excitedly.

"It can be a little treat for going through all of this and being so brave," he said.

"Thank you, Daddy," I said, kissing his cheek.

I ate the candy happily, sitting on the floor with the kids.

"Do you wanna take a shower?" Frank asked.

"No, I showered before we left," I said.

"Alright, I'm gonna grab a shower now because I won't be able to get another shower in for a while with the plane ride and then the boat," he said.

Frank went into the bathroom and shut the door. I tried to get the kids to walk some more before I decided I needed to go to the bathroom and I opened the door. I shrieked when I got wet with water and I realized that the entire bathroom was just a shower, toilet and sink combined.