Chapter 21

I frowned sadly as I watched Lily.

"I think there's something wrong with Lily!" I shouted.

I heard Frank drop and break something as he came running it.

"What is it? What's wrong with her? Do we need to take her to the hospital? Is she okay?" Frank asked.

"N-no, I just think she might need glasses," I said. "She can't focus on objects and she keeps rubbing her eyes."

Frank looked at me before relaxing against the wall.

"Jesus Christ, I thought she wasn't breathing or something worse," Frank muttered. "Alright, do we take her to get glasses?"

"She might be too little," I said. "But maybe not, she's seven months in age but you know she's a runt and she's about two months behind. We can take her to the doctors to have her eyes tested and we can take the other babies too."

Frank nodded, leaning over to kiss my forehead.

"Are you leaving soon?" I asked sadly.

"Yeah," he said.

It's been great that Frank has been working from home a lot more now but he has to go in for a meeting today and I hated seeing him leave.

"If you're good I'll bring home a little treat, a treat for all five of you," he said.

I smiled and nodded before he went upstairs to finish getting ready. Soon enough he was all ready to go with his suit and briefcase.

"Are you gonna be fine here alone or do you want me to call Jamia?" He asked.

"I think I'll be fine, Daddy," I said. "But can I maybe invite her over later just to play?"

"Of course you can," Frank said. "I'll see you when I get home, I love you."

Frank gave me a kiss and I smiled as he went to give all the babies kisses too before he left. I looked at Lily, biting my lip softly. She would probably need glasses and soon most likely.

"You're gonna look so cute with your glasses," I cooed.

I kissed the top of her head before I stood up. I went over and picked Miles up.

"Do you need your diaper changed?" I asked.

I smiled softly and changed his diaper before I left him to go play. The doorbell rang and I frowned softly as I opened it up and saw Andy.

"Andy, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm here to warn you," he said.

"No you aren't, you're just lying because you still love me and you want to get me back," I said.

"No im not," he denied. "I'm telling you this because I do love you."

I shook my head, going to close the door but he stopped it.

"He's after you again," Andy said.

"Who's after me?" I asked.

"Pete, he's out of prison," Andy said. "And he's pissed, he wants to finish what he started. He wants to take the babies and sell them to other scientists and continue experimenting on You. He's been watching you."

"You've been watching me too?" I asked.

"I love you," he whispered.

"You've been stalking me and my kids for three years?!" I shouted.

"I had to make sure you were okay," he whispered.

"You don't have any right to stalk me and then make up all these lies," I said. "They wouldn't let pete out of prison, he tortured me."