Chapter 10

"Good morning," Frank whispered. "Come on, let's get you ready."

I whined as he carried me to the bathroom and I brushed my teeth.

"Alright, go potty and I'll go pick out your clothes," Frank said.

I nodded, going to the bathroom as he left. When I went back he pulled off my pajamas. He helped me into a pair of purple panties, a white t-shirt and a dark blue overall dress. I yawned softly as he buckled the straps.

"I have to go to work now," he said. "I'll call you at lunch, okay?"

I nodded and Frank gave me a soft kiss before he left. I went over to Lily's bassinet in the corner, smiling as I watched her sleep. I went down to the nursery and smiled when I saw that only Miles was awake. He looked up at me, kicking his feet as he wiggled his little kitty ears.

"Good morning, cutie," I cooed.

I picked him up, carrying him downstairs with me.

"Someone has a stinky diaper," I said.

I set him on the ground, changing his diaper.

"You want some tummy time?" I asked.

I laid out a blanket, laying him on it on his stomach with some of his toys in front of him. I went to the kitchen and poured myself a bowl of cereal, eating quietly as I turned on cartoons. A half an hour later I heard the door open and Sarah walked in.

"Frank gone already?" She asked.

"Yes," I said, looking at her skirt that was far too short for my liking.

"What a shame," she mumbled.

I scowled at Sarah as she walked out of the room. I heard crying and went upstairs, picking up Lily.

"Hey, beautiful," I whispered. "It's okay, I'm here now."

I shushed her, bouncing her lightly until she calmed down. I carried her downstairs and buckled her into her little bouncer seat, the one that laid back with toys hanging over her. She was still so much smaller than her siblings that I don't think she was quite ready to be on the floor yet.

"Let's go get your sisters, I'm sure they're awake now," I said.

I was correct when I found both the other girls awake, laying in their cribs. I picked them up, carrying them both downstairs. I put the two into their boppy pillows and smiled.

"Are you hungry?" I asked. "Let's get some food in your tummies."

I tickled back their stomachs and they cooed, kicking their feet. I smiled happily and filled a couple bottles, putting them into the bottle warmer that we had bought.

"Do you need help with the children at all?" Sarah asked.

"No, they're my babies," I said.

I took the warmed bottles and went back to the other room. I sat on the couch in front of Cherry and Bandit, giving both of them their bottles.

"Don't worry, Miles, you'll get fed next," I said when he let out a little cry.

He kept crying and I tried to hold both of the bottles in one hand, picking Miles up in my other arm. I bounced him lightly, trying to get him to stop when I dropped one of the bottles. That caused Cherry to start crying because she wasn't being fed anymore.

"Let me help," Sarah said.

"I don't need your help!"
I snapped.

Sarah looked at me in shock, her neko ears twitching.