Chapter 7

It's 11:11 make a wish

~~

"Gee, this is Lindsey, she's gonna play with you," Frank said.

I nervously looked at the other little kitten standing in front of me.

"Gee, say hi," he said.

"H-hi," I squeaked.

"Why don't you to go color?" Frank suggested. "Your crayons are on the table with some paper."

I nodded and we both sat down at the table.

"Hi, I'm Lindsey," she said as we colored together.

"I'm Gee," I said. "How old are you?"

"I'm seventeen, I just turned seventeen," she said.

"I'm twenty," I said. "I've been living here with Daddy ever since I was seventeen because he bought me at an auction."

"I was never sold, I still live with my Mama because I'm her only little kitten left," she said.

I nodded as Sarah walked in.

"Hello, do you two want a little snack?" She asked.

I shook my head and she grabbed a rag before walking out again.

"Who's that?" Lindsey asked.

"That's Sarah Orzechowski, she's the housekeeper we hired last week," I said. "It's because Mia Bia is moving out and I'm gonna be so busy with the babies that we're gonna need someone to take care of the house."

Lindsey gasped as she looked at me. "You can't her! She's pretty!"

"So?" I asked in confusion.

"So," she said dramatically, "You can't have someone so pretty working here. That's what always happens, a pretty nanny or maid is hired and then the husband sleeps with her."

"My husband wouldn't sleep with her," I denied. "He loves me, we're having a litter together."

"Just because he loves you doesn't mean he wouldn't sleep with her, men always seem to do stupid stuff like that," she said. "You can't have her working here for you two or else Frank is going to cheat on you with her. You have to be crazy to hire someone so young and pretty."

I frowned softly as Sarah walked back in, grabbing the Windex from under the sink before she walked out.

"And look at what she's wearing too," Lindsey added.

"What? It's a pair of shorts, it's hot out," I said.

"But did you see how short they were?" She asked.

"That stuff only happens in the movies," I said.

Lindsey shook her head sadly. "That's the reason Mama left my father. When I was little we had to get a nanny and they hired a little nineteen year old girl. My dad slept with her so my Mama took me and left."

I frowned softly and bit my lip. Daddy wouldn't sleep with her, would he? He doesn't seem very excited for the babies. And...we didn't do naughty things for a while before the cottage. Maybe...maybe he doesn't want this family anymore, maybe he doesn't want to be with me anymore.

"B-but Daddy loves me," I whimpered.

Frank walked in, dressed in his suit.

"I have to go to work now, Little Kitten," Frank said, kissing the top of my head. "Jamia is out at the store but she'll be back soon. Sarah is upstairs cleaning if you need anything."