Chapter 5

Man I wish I was rich

~~

I opened the fridge, looking for something to drink. Daddy had to go into work early to interview candidates for a new assistant and Mia Bia was still sleeping. She always tends to sleep in late now because she's pregnant.

I gasped when I saw a bottle of wine on the shelf. I pulled it out. I sat against the cabinets on the ground and pulled off the wrapping at the top. I scowled as I pulled at the cork, trying to get it open.

I remember watching Mikey open bottles before, I need one of those swirly cork things. I searched cabinets before I found one and returned back to my spot.

I picked up the large bottle and took a drink, smiling happily. I moved over to sit on the couch, turning on some early morning cartoons as I waited for Jamia to wake up so she could make me breakfast.

It was weird, one second everything was normal and it felt like just the blink of an eye when everything was fuzzy and warm and half of the brand new bottle was now gone. I giggled when I lost my balance and fell off the couch.

I heard footsteps and saw Jamia walk over into the kitchen. I watched curiously as she opened the fridge and pulled out some eggs and milk.

"You want pancakes or waffles today?" Jamia called, knowing I was over by the couch because the tv was on.

"Waffle," I said.

Jamia walked over as she scowled.

"Did you drink all of this?" She asked, picking up the wine bottle.

I giggled, stumbling up to my feet to put my hands on her round tummy.

"Hi, babies!" I cheered. "Imma name you Happy and Sneezy and Sleepy and...a-and that one other dude!"

"Frank isn't going to be happy with you," Jamia said.

My lip quivered and she sighed.

"Come on, let's get you some water," she said.

She helped me to the kitchen as I stumbled, sitting me down on the bar seat. I laughed, spinning the seat until I got so dizzy I fell off. Jamia helped me back up, sitting my on the counter instead before she handed me a water bottle.

"I want milk," I pouted.

"You can have some milk after you finish drinking some water," she said. "Why are you drinking this wine?"

"Tasted good," I said.

I took a small sip of the bottle before I sat it down.

"I'm done drinking ," I said.

"No you aren't," she denied, handing it to me again.

I pouted unhappily, taking little sips at a time.

"Look at my ears!" I exclaimed. "Look at how fast I can wiggle them!"

I wiggled my ears as fast as I could and she chuckled.

"That's very cute but you have to finish the bottle," she said.

I whimpered sadly, pressing my ears down against my head. I couldn't seem to stop myself as I burst into tears.

"Oh, Gee, please don't cry," she begged.

"Look at my tail!" I sobbed. "Look at how ugly and short it is now!"

"It isn't ugly, Gee, you have a beautiful little tail," Jamia said.

I sniffled, gently petting the end of my tail.