Epilogue

I smiled as I finished my glass of milk and put my empty lunch plate in the sink.

The kids were so big now! Especially Miles! They were seniors in high school and soon they were going to graduate and go off to college. Miles and Lily both had sports scholarships while Bandit had an academic scholarship to an ivy league college. Cherry decided that she didn't want to go to college, she just wanted to make music in a band and Frank and I both fully supported that.

They were all just so smart and mature, I think they got those things from Jamia because they definitely didn't get it from me. I think that out of all of them Bandit was the most childish, they still carry around their little baby blanket at seventeen years old.

"What are all of you doing today?" Frank asked.

"I'm gonna go and hang out at Alex's house," Miles said.

"Alex who?" Frank asked.

"Alex from my soccer team, I've told you that a million times now," Miles said.

"Alright, I didn't need your attitude," Frank said. "What about you, Bandit?"

They just shrugged. "I think I might go to the library. Or maybe I'll hang out with one of my friends from the chess club."

They looked in the little standing mirror, pulling their long brown hair up into a ponytail.

"I'm gonna go to Jessie's house, she's gonna help me die my hair again," Cherry said as she ran her fingers through her short, faded red dyed hair.

"You should invite her over for dinner tonight," I said.

"No, you're gonna embarrass me and I don't want you embarrassing me in front of my girlfriend," Cherry denied.

"I promise I'll only embarrass you a little bit," I said.

"No, I'm not inviting her," she denied.

"Please, your dad will make you your favorite dinner," I said.

"Fine, I'll ask to see if she can come over," Cherry said.

"Alright then, Lily, what are you gonna do?" Frank asked.

We all turned to look at the youngest and smallest sibling, who twirled her long brown hair around her finger.

"I have practice," she said. "Competition is this sunday and we need to make sure we have the routine down so we can defend our title as first place champions. But then this weekend I'm going to stay in but we need to leave for the competition Saturday night."

"Do you have your costume?" Frank asked.

"No, this isn't the high kick competition, this is states," she said. "We don't wear costumes, we wear our pom uniforms."

"Okay, fine, I guess I don't really understand any of this," he said.

"And don't embarrass me," Lily said. "You were so embarrassing last time."

"I'm your dad, it's my job to embarrass you," Frank said. "Make sure you're all home for dinner."

"I might be a little bit late because of practice, it depends on when I get back," Lily said.

"Okay well just have fun and be careful," Frank said. "Wear your hats and--"

"Make sure you don't show anyone your ears and tail," they all finished as they rolled their eyes.

"Does anyone need rides anywhere?" Frank asked.

"I'm taking the car to Jessie's and I'm dropping Lily off on my way," Cherry said.

"And I'm getting a ride home from a teammate," Lily said.

"I'm taking my skateboard to Alex's," Miles said.

"I'm just gonna walk," Bandit said.

"Great, looks like we get to have the house to ourselves," Frank said, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Ew, dads!" Lily exclaimed.

"That's gross!" Miles exclaimed.

"Okay, just be careful and I love you," Frank said.

"I love you too," they all replied.

I gave them all hugs and watched them all leave. We waited for a moment before the door opened again and Bandit came in. They grabbed their blankie and stuffed it into their backpack, they didn't like their siblings knowing they still carried their baby blanket around.

"Bye!" They cheered.

As soon as Bandit left Frank picked me up and I giggled happily as he carried me to the bedroom. My lips crashed against his as he pushed me down against the bed.

"Wait, Gee," he said quietly as he pulled away.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just heard this morning that Pete was arrested for murder," he said. "That means we can go back to New Jersey, you can talk to Mikey and Mia for the first time in sixteen years."

I giggled happily, pulling him closer as I kissed him roughly. The two of us spent the next few hours in the sheets together filled with pure love and passion before we just the time together curled up in each others arms.