Chapter 6

I smiled when we got to the little cottage.

"Here we are," Frank said.

He held my hand as we got out. We were at the little cottage and it looked so little and cute. There was plush green grass with bushes and flowers all kept in by a white picket fence.

"It's so nice," I said.

Frank smiled and carried our bag in. I walked in and looked around curiously. I sat down on the couch, looking up at Frank.

"Daddy, do you think I should call Mia Bia?" I asked. "J-Just to see how she's doing and stuff."

"I'm sure she's fine," he said.

"But what if she's in labor?" I asked.

"She isn't in labor," Frank said, rolling her eyes. "Come on, this is our last time to relax before the babies come."

I nodded, standing up to wrap my arms around him.

"Do you want a nap?" He asked.

"No, I took a little nappy in the car," I said.

Frank smiled and kissed the top of my head.

"Good because I want to show you something," he said.

Frank took my hand and we went out into the backyard. I froze, looking at the lake in front of me.

"Daddy, I don't like that water, that isn't nice water," I said.

Frank held me hand and took me closer onto the dock. No one was around here so we wouldn't have to worry about anyone watching us.

"Look, let's go on the little rowboat," he said.

I whimpered nervously as he brought me closer. Frank held my hand and gently helped me into the rowboat. I held onto the edges as he climbed in with me. He helped put a little life jacket on me before he started rowing towards the middle of the lake.

"Daddy, it's scary," I whimpered.

"Don't worry, Little Kitten, the boat isn't going to tip, it's okay," Frank said softly.

I looked down at the dark water around us, little ripples moving over the surface as we rocked gently.

"Daddy, how long are we staying here?" I asked.

"Only for the weekend, I still have to go back to work on Monday, even though I'd rather spend my time here with you," he said.

I nodded, nervously looking over the edge of the boat again.

"Come on, Gee, I know it's a little scary but I promise you that you'll be fine," he said. "You know Daddy will keep you safe no matter what."

"I love you, Daddy," I said.

"I love you too, Kitten," he said.

I nervously leaned forward to kiss his cheek.

"Daddy, do I have to have a bedtime this weekend at all?" I asked

"You can stay up a little bit later than usual," he said.

I nodded, looking over the edge again.

"You promise we won't fall?" I asked.

"I promise," he said. "And you have a lifejacket on anyways."

"It's still scary, though," I said. "I don't like big waters, I only like the shallow ends of pools and little bathtubs and hot tubs. If I can't touch the bottom with my head still over then I don't like it."