Ch 1: The Mess Up

"Damn" I grunted. She smiled coming up from the sheets. "Happy Birthday Daddy," she said getting on top of me. "Thanks, Pay.... you finished acting like a brat," I asked leaning over to grab my phone. She rolled her eyes getting off of me. "I guess, but I had to stand my ground" explained

"Yeah, stand your ground outside" I ordered pulling my boxers up. "Oh my gosh Ricky, it's your birthday. Quit bringing up the fight" she said quickly putting on her clothes. "I'm just making sure we're clear... no more drama" I said sternly. She bit her lip walking over to me. "We're clear," she said giving me her lusty eyes. Once we finished having our staring match. I glanced out my balcony looking at the event planners setting up for my party. I'm really 31 and I accomplished a hell of a lot at that. I was truly blessed that I'm fortunate enough to wake up and do whatever I want. My father was throwing me this party and even though I couldn't stand him. He did take a risk to give us a better life, even though it comes with some cons.

"Well, I have to go handle some business. I'm sorry I won't be able to make your party but I got you something" she smiled handing me a gift bag. "What's this? I asked looking in. I took it out and it was a bottle of my favorite cologne by Giorgio Armani. "Good looking" I smiled.

"Yeah, you were pretty low on it," she said.

"Thank you Payton, I'll definitely be using this," I said placing it on my dresser. "See you Monday," she said

"Monday," I said watching her leave.

"Good morning Ricky"

Nesta greeted. Nesta was my best housekeeper for years. She was a short Asian lady. The best housekeeper ever, she's not a cooker but she keeps my place spotless.

"Good morning Ms. Nesta," I said.

"I have your suit pressed for you, Lawrence said no charge" she explained.

"Okay Nesta, go take off. I'll give you all your hours worked" I said. I liked Nesta, she was a hard worker. I was feeling a bit generous and I wanted her to have some time with her family. "Make it three days," I said.

"Oh, thank you" she smiled. "Thank you so much," she said.

"No problem," I said walking out on my porch. I grabbed a cigarette lighting it. My phone began ringing and I quickly answered it.

"What up"

"Happy Birthday Partner," Rudy cheered. Nesta came back in with my cup of coffee placing it down. "Thank you" I mouthed turning around.

"I know it's your birthday bro but we got a little situation going on at the warehouse," he said.

I closed my eyes exhaling my smoke "Fuck that got to do with me? I questioned. That whole territory wasn't mine. Dreux and Rudy dealt with that. Dreux counted the money. Rudy would check his workers that would cross the line. Me? I just keep the club in order and ran my other perfectly legal businesses. My goal is not to watch my back for the rest of my life. I actually want a future and family. I would never want to live like that.

"It's about Brent Caprio"

I rolled my eyes Brent and his father has been trying to take down my father's company for years. Brent constantly did things like bribe our dancers to work for him, trash our place you name it.

"This guy did some foul shit and we gotta come up with a plan to 10 his ass," he said. As much as I tried to stay out of that shady part of the business every once and a while I was lured in.

"I'll be there in an hour," I said hanging up. I don't know what they wanted out of me. But I was curious as to what Brent did. I quickly hopped in the shower letting the water run over me, lathering my body. Once I've finished my hygiene. I put on all black. My black pants, a black turtleneck, leather gloves, and a leather jacket. Going into the warehouse you had to be ready for anything. If a nigga gets his brains blown out none of that evidence should even touch your skin. I went in the garage debating on what car I would drive. Out of my 8 options, I went with my newest baby I bought last week for an early birthday gift. My BMW X6 M. I nodded my head listing to No promises by A Boogie going 70 down the highway. My music instantly stopped and I received a message. I looked at the text pop up on my screen.