Chapter 18: Family Feud (cont'd)

"Well I'm trying to make you feel better," I said resting my chin on his back. Maybe if I start being playful with him he'll open up. He shook his head "Fine" I said wrapping my hands around him tighter. He was stiff as a board but suddenly turned around. I stepped back a bit, I was scared I didn't know what to do next. He actually turned around and now he was giving me a straight face. I looked into his eyes; I slowly pulled him in for a hug, he was hesitant at first but finally allowed me to. I took in the whiff of his cologne feeling his strong hands around me. "You know you wanted a hug, I don't know why you gotta be a meany all the time," I said playfully rubbing up and down his back. I hugged him tighter kind of not wanting to let go. I closed my eyes and my mind got lost. Minutes later he slowly removed himself

"Alright, enough of this mushy shit," he said letting go. 'It's time to go" he said. "Okay," I said opening the door, we both walked out the same time he closed the door behind us, to the front of us was Kat standing there alone. The two of them had a staring match and it became extremely awkward. "I'm going to get Morgan," I said. I walked down the steps to see Ms. Monica still upset about the situation she was crying in Grant's arms and I just gave him a disgusted look. He mugged me as I walked past. "Is he okay? She asked.

"Yeah, he's okay," I said walking past them. I can ensure you Grant was probably the reason they fought in the first place. I didn't like him at all, he disgusted me. "Morgan let's go," I said. "Mmmm I had fun" she frowned. "You'll see them again," I said. She hugged them before walking over to me. I grabbed her hand saying goodbye to his family. I grabbed Jace from Mia and we headed outside. I saw Ronnie out there talking to his brother. "You look, good little baby," he said.

I blushed a little "I'm not your baby" I laughed. "Yet," he said. Shortly, Ricky came out dapping them up. He unlocked the car door. I fastened Jace's car seat making sure Morgan was buckled up. "Comfortable"? I asked. "Yup" she yawned. I closed the door opening the passenger door then getting in. I felt him getting ready to pull out a cigarette. "You should lay off the cigarettes," I said. He didn't say anything he just pulled off turning up his music. I turned his volume down "No really, Morgan is in the car as well as my baby" I said. He slowed down pulling over the side of the road. He got out the car door slamming it. I watched him walk off lighting his cigarette. I rolled my eyes tired this hour drive was going to be long and he wants to prolong it.

Ricky

I finally pulled into the garage. I looked over to see all of them asleep. My phone began ringing from the screen. The noise from the screen woke her up. She quickly got up opening her clutch taking her phone out. By the third ring, I answered Cortez call.

"Wassup," I said watching them walk in the house

"I was just checking on you bro," he said. "I'm good," I said taking off my seat belt. "What happened? He asked. I rolled my eyes "Man, Grant wants to backtrack on everything we planned and Dreux took it upon himself to catch offense because I told Grant I feel like I do everything around here and everything went left" I explained

"Damn son, at the end of the day everyone plays a part in helping this company you know that. Regardless of what you feel, everything isn't on your plate" he said. I could always depend on Cortez telling me the real but I didn't agree with all of this.

"I know I don't do everything but its deeper than this whole club shit and I damn near lost it" I said looking over at the seat. "I get your frustrations bro but just brush it off tonight and maybe this can be squashed before the Gala," he said.

"Yeah, hopefully," I said grabbing what looked like a business card. I read it and it was my uncles business card. Josie was sitting here so I know it came out her pocket or something. I squinted my eyes "Did she have a side conversation with my uncle? I wondered if she complained about me to him. I took the key out the ignition. "Aight bro, I'll see you soon," I said getting out the car. I was blown the remainder of the night and that business card didn't help. I don't have time for this if she wants to resign she needs to let me know because I need consistency and a permanent assistant.