Chapter 31: Catch 22

That Morning

I walked to the front of Mia's house getting ready to take our son to school. I noticed another car parked behind hers, which was odd no one is ever at her house, not even her friends. I rung her doorbell waiting for her or Junior to answer. The door answered and I was greeted by some tall weird looking guy exiting. "Bye Junior," he told my son.

"Bye Mr. Sean" he said. I Iooked him up and down. "Wassup with you? He asked.

"Sup" my eyes followed him to the car. I became furious the fuck is this nigga and why is he around my son. I walked inside "Hey Dad" he ran towards me. "Wassup bud," I said hugging him. "Where's your mom? I asked. "She's upstairs getting dressed," he said innocently. Getting dressed? As in getting dressed after getting smashed. Once he said that I lost it. Was she fucking this nigga while my son was here and why didn't she have clothes on in the first place? My breathing began hard, I grabbed my keys handing them to him. "Go to the car and I'll be out in a second," I said. He took them and I watched him close the door behind him. I dodged upstairs "Mia" I yelled. I burst into her room to see her in the midst of putting on her button-up shirt. She had on nothing but her panties and bra and I fucking lost it. "You had this nigga around my son" I grabbed her by her neck. "Dreux what get off me," she said in fear. "Huh? I asked pushing her on the bed. "You fuck him? I gritted my teeth. "Dreux stop it" she begged. "You got me so fucked up. You fucked him while my son was around... he got to see you damn near naked"

She tried pushing me off but that made me angrier. "Stop playing with me Mia... I'm not fucking around this time" I choked her. She began coughing trying to remove my hand from her neck. I finally came to my senses quickly getting off her. "Dreux, are you crazy" she slapped me. "You're really going to put your hands on me" she began crying. "I didn't fuck him but its none of your damn business, If I did just get out" she whined. I rubbed the back of my head feeling a bit bad but she needed to be checked. She knows I don't play about that or her. She knows my feelings are strong for her and yet she steps all over them. If she was just my girlfriend and we didn't have a child, I could get over her but we have a child together and every other day I'm constantly teased by her presence and it pissed me off.

"I don't give a fuck you need to be reminded on who the fuck I am because you're clearly mistaken, that nigga looking me up and down like that if it wasn't for the fact that Dreux was near I'd beat his ass, so no I don't feel bad," I said

She pushed me hard. "Mia" I warned her. "You're really going to come at me like that when you do god knows what" she angrily mushed me. She began hitting my chest and anger.

"I'm tired of this shit" she yelled still hitting me. I gave her a bear hug. "I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean it," I said laying her down.

"No get off me, you're so possessive of me. For what? Why can't you let me be happy with someone else huh?

"Because I love you"

"Fuck that Dreux, you just want control over me just to say you have me and nobody else can. This ain't about me, it's about your ego"

"That's bull"

"No what you're doing is bull, you're being possessive over me, stopping me from dating. You just want me back just so you can cheat on me again" she admitted. If words could attack, I just got slapped in the face with them.

I didn't say anything, apart of this was right. I can't stand to see her with anyone else but I know for sure I want to be with her but she just had to bring up something I regret.

"Oh yeah, you always seem to forget about that huh?? right after Jr was born and then again 4 years after that"

"That was a long time ago, I was wrong about it but damn it was hard being in a relationship feeling like your woman doesn't even love you... being so damn cold all the time" I admitted. Mia and I were together before Jr was born our relationship was fun and full of adventure. I was the bad boy trying to get the good girl that was also mean. Mia was a tough cookie and that wasn't phased by my lavish cars. I met her at Ace nightclub. She walked in shyly with her friends looking like a lost puppy. I saw her from VIP and I had to make her mine. We became close friends, she motivated me to get out the game while I would cheer her up when she was sick. I was one of the realist niggas she had in her life and I had her hooked, it was only a matter of time before we had a baby... the way we went at it like lovebirds. Once we had Jr that's when our relationship really crashed. She's always had an attitude problem but I overlooked it because I wanted to be with her but then she started abandoning me and my feelings which led me to cheat twice. It wasn't right at all but it happened, I made it up to her and even though our on and off relationships I kept dating other women to a minimum but she just doesn't give a fuck about me.