Chapter 11: Finesse

The Next Day

I woke up from my sleep to get down to the hospital to check on my sister. I got the nearest hotel that was near. It was 8 am and I wanted to be the first person she saw. Morgan had to get emergency surgery and get her appendix removed, that's what was causing her severe pain in her stomach, as well as her bleeding internally for some time it was only a matter of time before she was going to pass out. My poor baby had to get 5 blood transfusions to get her blood levels up to par. I quickly called Erica knowing she'd be up getting ready for work.

"Hi sweetie" she answered. I sighed "Hey... you got Jacey? I asked. "Yeah, I'm on my way to take him to my mother," she said. After work, she picked him up from Kamaya's house taking him with her. I hated that my baby was being passed around but Jace was too young to be in hospitals right now and I had to watch my sister. Thank God, Erica's mother Ms. Sheila could watch him for a few. Erica was really GOD's gift to me, she dedicates so much of her time helping me in need. I promise I'm going to buy her a few cars when I make it big. Ricky and his family weren't going to do that, this was a one-time thing. Once I got there I saw my baby all drugged up.

"Hi pumpkin," I said. No answer, I giggled at her knocked out. I looked over to see a bunch of get well balloons, flowers, and a huge teddy bear. I smiled walking over grabbing the tag.

"Feel better kiddo"

-Mr. Ricky

I smiled that was so nice of him to get that for her. He must have gotten that before I left. I looked at the cards one from Dreux and Mia and the other from Ricky's mother. Who would've known in a matter of a week in a half all of this could go down?

I heard Morgan roll over and I ran to her. "Morgy" I called. "Hmm" she groaned weakly. "It's me... Josie" I said.

"Hi," she said. "How are you feeling? I asked rubbing her head. "Mmmmm"'she mumbled. I laughed letting her go back to sleep poor baby was drugged up. The nurse walked "Hi" she smiled

"Hey, Morgan," the nurse said in a cheery tone.

"On a scale from 1-10, what's your pain rate? She asked. Morgan struggled sitting up "A 0," she said

"Oh yeah she's pretty medicated," the nurse said making the both of us laugh. She'd be in here for at least a week and then her recovery time expected to be 3-4 weeks. I emailed all her teachers letting them know the situation.

That Monday

I placed on my brown tank top with my tan blazer. I had to work today but I also was trying to figure out how this was going to work. Erica was there now to watch Morgan and to keep her company but I know by 2 pm. She'll have something to do, I was going to have to cut my hours short today and I was already prepared to hear his mouth but my sister came first. I slid on my heels and fluffed my curls. How I wanted to just crash back on Erica's couch. I closed the bathroom door and grabbed my things.

I sighed sitting in traffic, just trying to get to my destination.