Chapter 15: Family Feud

It was the weekend and today was a chill day. I was so glad that I was off and I could relax for a while. I Kind of wish Erica didn't have to work today. I wanted to treat her to dinner since she's been such a support system for me. I lit a candle I got from Bath and Body Works turning up my music. Morgan was drawing while listening to her music.She didn't have time for me at all. I hummed Every Kind of Way by HER trying not to sing to the top of my lungs. I stopped singing and dancing as soon as I graduated high school. Life got real and it was no point of using my craft but now that I have this job I hope to be able to fund my dream. I turned the music down some humming while holding Jace. I was trying to get him to fall asleep. "Come on baby, close those eyes" I laughed. Or do you think your mommy is pretty? Is that why you wont close your eyes? I asked watching him smile at me. I heard a knock on the door. "Come in" I said. The door opened and Ricky was halfway in. I havent seen him all day today, yet ever, he was right when he said he's never here. I'll only see him half the morning and then after I work he's gone somewhere.

"Hi," I said.

"Hey, my mother's party is tonight. If you wanted to come" he said. "Oh, I have to babysit," I said.

"It'll be kids there" he mentioned. "Okay, I'll definitely let you know," I said

"Okay its starts at 9," he said before leaving. I wasn't that sure if I wanted to deal with his family tonight especially since Grant made that statement to me, I don't want him to frown his face up at us but Morgan hasn't been out the house in a week so I know she wants to be around some kids.

Later that Night

"You sure you want to go? I asked helping her put on her dress. "Yeah I'm so bored" she whined. "Okay Diva" I said zipping the back of her dress. I then put her hair in a fluffy ponytail. "Okay, come on" I said walking with her out our room. I wore a simple black dress with my red pumps, you could never go wrong with that while Morgan wore a purple dress she begged me to get her at target the other day, and Jace. Jace wore a baby suit I got him that was so adorable. I was kind of looking forward to this party. His family could throw some parties from the two I've been to. I just hope there isn't any drama.

When we arrived I was stunned at the location of this party. I was accustomed to going to local halls for events but this was beyond beautiful. We walked inside and I saw all of his family members dressed up. I saw his usual clan in the middle laughing and joking probably talking shit. "Wassup Blood" Dreux said. I moved to the side not wanting to be noticed. Dreux is an instigator and he does it on purpose all he's going to do is talk shit because he knows how his brother is, I can't explain it he just says little things out his mouth about the two of us and its not like that. In the past three weeks I've learned alot about them. "I see Y'all looking like a couple, Josie over there looking like the first lady" Dreux joked. I tried not to laugh shaking my head "Chill" Ricky said. "You ain't gon speak, I thought we were friends" he said looking at me. I playfully rolled my eyes with a smirk on my face. "Hi Dreux" I said. "Hey guys" I waved. "Wassup" they all said in unison. I saw Ronnie stare me down and the other guys were just looking at each other. "Okkayyy" I mouthed walking away. Weirdos!

"Hi, Morgan" Kiyan smiled walking up to her. "Hi" she smiled. "Do you feel better? She asked. "A little" Morgan said. "Come on," she said grabbing her hand. Morgan turned around to me. "Go ahead little girl," I said. Just leave your sister all by herself. I looked around trying to find somewhere to sit. I sat over at a table to see a girl on her phone. I couldn't find Ms. Monica anywhere so I figured she hasn't arrived yet. "Is this seat taken? I asked

She looked up and it was Mia. "Oh, hey," she said removing her purse. "Hey l," I said sitting down. "I didn't even notice it was you," I said. "Yeah, I'm just chilling letting Jr run around with his cousins," she said. "How is your sister? She asked