Chapter 6: Real Life

Josie

I sighed listening to this angry customer go on about how her service at Iron Grill was horrible. "My food was horrible and they refused to take my order off the bill they also charged me for a cup of hot water" he scoffed. "I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. I will ensure that we will resolve the issue. Can you give me what location you were served? I asked writing on my notepad.

"3210 Ocean Drive"

"May I also have your email address to give you a token of our appreciate" I requested. "Sure its

"Okay, Mr. Singleton I will tell the head manager about that as well as send you a 30% off your next two meals. Is that okay? I asked. I can tell her was easing up "Yes, that will be great," he said. "Okay sir, I will send that coupon right now again I apologize for the inconvenience and we have that problem fixed. Have a nice day" I said.

"Thank you, ma'am, you have been such a help," he said. "My pleasure," I said ending the call. I must say I was picking up fairly easy with the customer service. The phone ring again and I quickly answered it. "Iron Grill Customer Service" I answered.

"Hi, I was calling because I was supposed to receive a discount on my meal. I'm an iron gold member "she said. "Okay, may I have your name? I asked. "Yes, Pamela Scott"

"Okay Mrs. Scott give me one second," I said looking through this database that Ricky showed me. I searched for her name and it said expired rewards card. "Mrs. Pamela it says that your card expired. You need to go to the company's website and update your information. Once your information is updated it will send you your rewards" I explained. "Alright, thank you," she said. "You're very welcome," I said hanging up. I took a breather resting my chin on the palm of my hand. I looked up to see Ricky by the door. "Do you have the notes from yesterdays meeting? He asked. "Yes," I answered snatching the paper from the notepad. He walked over grabbing it not even saying thank you. Ever since yesterday I learned that I had to meet Ricky were he was. He's just not the politest person and I just have to work ahead of him so he won't have shit to say me. That was now the mission... handle everything as fast as possible so I could leave early. I had about 10 emails left and I'd be done this task. I still wasn't looking forward to working with the club.

2 pm

"You know after a few days I expect you to drive to and from. I just want you to familiarize the routes" he looked over at me. "Yeah, that's fine," I said lowly. My phone began ringing I looked down and it was the school. I already knew that Morgan was sick again. "H-hello" I answered. "Hi, Ms. Wilson... this is Ms. Rodgers the school nurse calling"

"Hi"

"Hi, I'm calling to inform that Ms. Morgan is very sick she has a fever and is in a lot of stomach pain," she said. "I gave her some Pepto Bismol and a Tylenol but she needs early dismissal," she said. I rolled my eyes back now wasn't the time for all of these mishaps. I was in the middle of work, I was new and I had to leave early yesterday. Ricky was going to have a fit. "Okay, I'm coming" I hung up. I turned over to see Ricky on the phone this was going to be impossible. "Ricky" I called.

"What do you mean she's trying to sue? No one told her to get into a fight. Oh my GOD'

"Ricky" I called louder. He placed his finger up telling me to hold on. 'RICKY" I said louder. "Hold on Maya.... What is it? He asked muting his phone. "We have to pick my sister up from school," I said. "We? He answered. "Yeah, she's sick," I said. "I'll call you back Maya," he said irritated. "I swear you didn't want this job. You left early yesterday and now this" he scoffed.