Ch. 25

"I can't believe I lost." I sulk while putting away my helmet. Chris puffs out his chest in triumph. "If I remember we made a bet. You agreed to kiss me if I won. Pucker up, princess." I roll my eyes. Oh, I know. As he comes within a few inches of my face I pick up his hand and bring it to my lips. He stares at me in confusion and shock. "We agreed to a kiss." I giggle. "We never agreed where though." He rolls his eyes and smiles. "You sneaky bitch. I want a rematch." I laugh. "Nope." He stares at me challengingly. "Oh, what? Am I hearing a chicken? Bock, bock, bock." He places his hands on his hips and wiggles his elbows. "Bock, chicken, bock, bock." I put my hand over my eye's in hopes to shield the embarrassing scene from my eyes. "I don't want you to waste your money on me. I told you that." He stops in his tracks. He grabs my chin and points my eye's directly toward his. "If you say that I'm wasting anything on you one more time I might have to-" He looks deep into my eyes. He presses his lips against mine. My eye's open wide and slowly close. He pulls away. "Well, I might have to do that... Um, y/n. Your face is deep cherry red. It's so freaking cute." I quickly look away. He holds my hand and he pays to go again. I-I'm speechless.

"Wanna make another bet?" I say and he looks over in interest. "What are we betting?" He asks with a certain look that he's going to win. "If I win you have to answer a few questions and be completely honest." He looks at me intrigued. "Ok, and if I win?" "If you win you can kiss me as many times as you want today." His eye's light up. "Princess, are you positive you know what your betting?" I nod. "Ok, well princess. Good luck, though I am going to win. Especially with that on the line." He looks straight ahead. "3... 2... 1... GO!" We both speed off.

"It's no use princess. You're not winning." He yells over to me. I'm right behind him. "Are you sure about that? Hey look, my shirt flew off." He turns around. "WHERE!?" He slows down a bit and I zoom ahead. I can't believe he actually fell for that. I really wanted to ask him, was he being serious about being sad? Also, what does he see in me? Why is he being so kind to me? I make it past the finish line with Chris right behind me. We hop out of the carts. "I win." I strut over to the table and place my helmet back. "You cheated!" He pointed a finger at me. "You're the pervert who looked back! Now as for my win lets go talk on a bench." He nodded and we leave.

We take a seat on a bench right near a huge oak tree. "What would you like to ask me?" I take a deep breath. "Why are you so nice to me?" He thinks for a second. "How do I put it... because I'd do anything for you to have a smile on your face." I blush. "What do you even like about me? What do you find attractive about me?" He gets comfortable. "... I don't understand the question." I punch him in the arm and laugh. "Why do you love me?" He gently smiles at me. "Well, what's not to like? Your funny, sweet, you have so much charisma and charm. Everything you do you put so much effort and care into it. As to why I suddenly had these feeling... I can't really say. I just know whenever I'm around you... It's like my heart is going to explode at any moment. It's like if everything fell apart around me right now, I'd be ok... because you're here." I never knew he felt that way.

"Next question. You weren't actually joking when you said you were sad, were you?" I say in a serious tone. "Would you believe me if I said no?" I stare at him and he laughs. "I wouldn't believe that for a second." He sighs. "Aww man, you know me too well y/n." He smiles and rubs the back of his head. It gets silent. "Why though?" He tilts his head and processes the question. "I'm not sure why I have these "tendencies". I just know all of it goes away when your beautiful eye's glimpse into mine or when that cute smile appears on your face or even when you pop into my mind. You're the cure. I know when I smile or laugh, you'll probably smile or laugh. Now please, stop making such a worried face. Please be happy, princess." He places his hand on my cheek. My cheeks gain a red glow. I look into his bright golden eyes. "If you were mine ... You don't want to know the things I'd do to you right now. But for now-" He leans toward my face and kisses my head. "That will suffice my princess." Once again he leaves me speechless. "We still have the rest of day. You wanna go do something princess?" I shake my head. "Let's just sit here for a bit. It's nice out." He nods. "Alright but I'm putting my head on your lap." He lays down and uses my legs as a pillow.

I stare at the massive green oak tree. I wonder how old it is. I yawn. This is relaxing. I look down at my lap and see Chris staring up at me. "This is gonna sound weird but can you pet my hair princess?" I roll my eyes and make a tiny smirk. I run my hand through his silky blond hair. How does he keep it so soft? I pet his smooth hair as if he were a kitten. I hear my stomach grumble. I'm starving. "Chris, I gotta go." He sits up. "Right now?" I nod my head. "Sorry, I gotta do a few thing." I get up and he lays back down. "I'll see you later princess." I wave my hand back at him.