Chapter 6- Doubts

This chapter is dedicated to cinisara1234.

I was feeling really low and just swiped my account page to see my wall and saw your message. It made me feel like I'm actually good at something. It made me realise that sometimes some people just brighten up someone's day by saying simple little words. Thank you for making me feel like I'm worth something and I hope you continue reading my books.- C.

My black wings spread out as I soared the skies. My heart beat like it was trying to come out of my chest. And it might as well come out with the happiness I felt.

My magic was a bit rusty from not using it for so long but now I felt like all those weeks of disuse just passed by like the clouds and I had never stopped flying.

I shouted to the skies, it came out as a 'caw' and I laughed again. I flapped my wings and zipped ahead to pass through a cloud, coming out on the other side in a flurry of white and black.

Gods, I felt so happy that I could burst.

Finally, gaining my freedom, finally feeling the wind through my wings and seeing the world from birds eye view.

Mountains, trees and villages passed by as I flew above. I did not know my destination, I did not care.

I was just a bird flying in the sky, enjoying it's freedom, it's life. Not thinking about what was going to happen next, what would happen tomorrow, or the day after, the year after. Not thinking about the problems in my life, my enemies, my mistakes.

For the first time in my life, I felt like I was truly living again, that I was truly existing. I was living in the moment. Living life to the fullest.

I laughed again. It came out in 'caws' only a crow would make, but then again, I was in crow form, hearing the sound made me laugh more and I laughed all my problems away.

The only other person who made me feel like this was Nikolai.

And he was alive.

My Nikolai was alive.

I laughed again.

And in that moment, I knew that all my problems would go away. All my enemies would die. And my life would be good.

I closed my eyes and glimpsed my own future.

Me and Nikolai getting married again, this time a big, royal wedding, with me choosing my own decorations and my own venue and my own dress, then I imagined me and Nikolai holding hands with our kids on the beach, they let out childish giggling as we splashed them, then I saw us attending our kids' weddings, our kids' baby showers, our kids' kids weddings and our kids' kids baby showers.

Just living our endless lives together, me and Nikolai bickering, me pinching him, calling him 'Lele' and him calling me 'Lulu'. Hitting each other with pillows, me pulling his horns, me biting his neck, him slapping my ass, him biting my ear, him making pig sounds as he kissed my belly, and us both hogging food together with me stealing Nikolai's dessert.

I don't know how fast I fell in love with him. It wasn't even a week and I already loved him, even though I had promised myself I wouldn't, but Nikolai was that kind of person, the kind who never tries to hide his real self, the kind that made me want to kill him but make love to him at the same time.