Chapter 11- Further

Lunia sat in the armchair, retelling her story to her father and her newphew.

Pius stood by, a stoic expression on his face. However, Hanes stared at her from across his own armchair, a light sheen of tears in his eyes as he his eyes tracked her features.

Sitting in front of him...actually speaking to him...It was like a messed up dream. Lunia knew he had wanted to hug her but they were both equally proud creatures and refused to make the first move.

But, Lunia and Hanes always had that ability of silent communication that years of company and understanding ensured and now as they sat across each other, their eyes silently spoke.

How are you? His deep blue eyes asked.

I am well. Her greys replied.

Pius seemed to track our silent communication. He had always been the silent tracker. He locked his eyes with mine. Don't try anything stupid, his eyes, so identical to Hanes' own seemed to say.

He cleared his throat. "You both catch up. I'll get stuff ready for departure. We should leave soon. The demons will come here first." He said and left us in peace.

There was a pregnant silence in the tent.

My father stared at me. I stared back. His eyes tracked my features again.

"You...look like you're fitting in...with them." He meant the demons. His voice held sadness. Like he was sad that I wasn't a part of his Kingdom anymore.

"I was their Queen. Nikolai still lives....I still am their Queen."

Hanes smiled, wistfully. "My Lulu has grown. She is a Queen now." His voice now held pride.

It made me feel warm inside....that my father was proud of me. At the same time it made me feel a pang of sadness and yearning, Nikolai used to call me 'Lulu'. Though I was having second thoughts, I still missed him.

"I grew a long time ago, father. Somewhere along the way of my imprisonment, maybe when the guards raped me."

Hanes eyes filled at my words. He refused to let the tears fall. His anger and hatred reflected on his face.

"Nikolai will pay for what he did to you. All of them will."

I smiled sadly, shaking my head. "Nikolai was innocent. His soldiers already paid with droughts and barren wives. It is all her doing....The 'demoness' Umaya...or as I know her....The dragon of the line of magicks, Runeria."

Hanes face became fierce he leaned forward in his armchair, placing his cane between his spread thighs and putting his chin on the cane.

I copied his position but instead of the cane (which I don't have and don't need) I just crossed my fingers together and put my chin upon them.

"You have been to Aurora."

"Yes. The land of the dragons. Runeria and another dragon, Terahar, they gave the demons a mission to find a mad dragon, Theo-"

"Theodorius the sixth. Yes. I've heard of him. Drive made because of the overuse of magic on him."

"You have? How? I thought dragons were secretive." I raised an eyebrow. I wasn't surprised though, Hanes had his ways.

"They're supposed to be. But there are rumours, whispers. When Theodorius the sixth was cast down, all the raves tried to find him. The elves even worship him as a god, and search for him till date."

"But they're not successful?"

Hanes smiled wickedly, "Not in the right places."

I smiled back, equally wicked. "You'll tell me later."

"Try to be diplomatic, now, my daughter."

I leaned back in my armchair. "I have some loyal followers in the castle. Alexei Shizkov to be specific."
Hanes raised an eyebrow, skeptical. "Really?"

I smiled. "Really, really. I know it was him under the hood of the executioner. His voice is very similar to Nikolai."

Hanes looked away. "You recognise Nikolai's voice..."

I frowned. "Father, I have forgiven him. You should too. He is caught up in Runeria's web of lies. He did not know what he was doing."

"But he did it anyway. If he was strong enough, then he would have resisted her magic on him."

"Stronger then a thousand year old dragon, who fooled her own people into believing that she was an innocent young girl and that the sixth Theodorius was mad? Come on, father. Nobody is strong than a dragon. They're ancient, ancient creatures. "

Hanes leaned back too. It was one of those time in which I was reminded that I was his daughter, so similar to him in actions and words.

"Nikolai...will always be the demon who took my daughter from me and ruined her life. We will see about him later..."

I knew better than to push the subject. Hanes, like me, thought about many things at once, his next question would change the topic, I tell you.

"Tell me about this Terahar. Was he genuine?" There you go.

I nodded. "He was a silent watcher, much like Pius. From the line of the forest keepers. I suspect he knows of Runeria's evil plans and is just waiting to strike her down."

"Or he too is under her spell like Nikolai."

"It is a possibility. But let us assume that he's innocent. We can send the Fey a message. We can tell them to warn the dragon rebellion of Runeria's evil. "

Hanes contemplated this. "Why the Fey?"

I smiled. "I got a little history lesson from them. The Fey come before the Elves. The Monsters before the Demons. And the Dire wolves or Elder species before the Werewolves. We're the youngest."

Hanes raised his eyebrows but suddenly smiled. "And the Elves treat the Fey as their dirty little secret. What would they think if they knew that they evolved from the Fey?"

I laughed. "They'd probably kill themselves." Anger rose in me as I thought about Daramon Hawkheart. The elf who had betrayed me. I did have time for revenge, but he would owe me.

"So, it's settled then, we shall meet the Fey and tell them to warn the dragons of Runeria's plans and then?"

I pondered my plans for a second and then nodded to myself. "Then...well complete Nikolai mission to bring alies for the demons...and Father, the Vampires will side us in the coming war. Because Runeria plans to take over the world, you won't be about to hold on your own."

He put on his regal expression. "Then what are we waiting for?"

I smiled, raising an eyebrow.

"Let's move."