Chapter 29- We all need Friends

I did not realize when during my crying fit did I fall asleep.

Darivarr was kind enough to deposit me into my own assigned sleeping quarters.

No dreams assailed me as I slept. It was quiet and I managed to get all the sleep I needed before a wet, slimy hand was on my cheek.

I opened my eyes. A the impishly demonic face of Pisces squeaked an greeting, his sea green eyes looking extra sparkly today.

I smiled as I pushed his hand away from my cheek. Not in the mood to be my crappy self. I felt physically light after crying my grief out. Nothing could spoil my chipper mood.

I went to the attached washroom to brush my teeth and take a quick shower. By the time I came out after wearing my bathrobe, Pisces had out two sets of clothing on the bed and was holding a pink piece of paper. He offered it to me when I came closer.

Dear Lunia,
We want you to always dress like the queen we know you are. Good Luck ahead.
- Catra & Penelope.

I smiled. I finally had someone at my back, to look out for me. I gave Pisces the card, he ate it.....okay, moving on. He chartered as I perused the clothes.

On the left side of the bed was a pale blue, long sleeved, corset type top, it's border was done in white. It did not as scream Demon Queen! Or Bad Girl!

"Meh." I said, looking at Pisces, pointing at the rejected clothes. He nodded and gave me a thumbs up, "Ewww."

I looked at the other side with a grin. "Oh!"

It was a similar top, this one black, with maroon borders. It would match my demon form's skin and would look awesome. The material was leather and the black skin fit leggins and black riding boots.

Isn't it obvious? Black is my favourite colour. My life had been full of pain and darkness, I was accustomed to it and had learned to love it.

Pisces approved of my choice. He had awesome make up skills, handed me whatever I needed.

By the time I reached the deck, I was pretty sure I looked like as much as the Queen Penelope and Carta had wanted me to look like. Crown and all.

I was back to my demon form. Darivarr stood at the mast holding an ice pack to his head.

Pisces lumbered off to go look for the captain as I went towards Darivarr.

"Hungover?" I asked, already knowing his reply. He nodded, looking tired.

"I don't really want to meet the Scornbreed with this headache, I should have thought about my decision."

I patted his back. "Its okay, you needed the drink."

He winced. "Did I say something....uh..inappropriate last night? I don't remember....."

Damn, thank the gods. I shook my head. "Just the relationship troubles. I wasn't exactly quiet either."

He took a sigh of relief but quickly tried to cover iitup by smiling. So, he was hiding his little history group from me? I didn't really understand the point of it. What have a whole group dedicated to collecting history? Who was this Falcon Bloodrunner....Great, just another mystery I have to uncover.

I smiled back at him. "Tell me about the Scornbreed and the Thunderfist. Nikolai is usually the one who supplys me with historic information."

"We're fresh out of Nikolais'. " He chuckled. I nodded, grimly.

"The wolf goddess Renmisia's first born werewolves were Whitefang and Blackmane. The Whitefang pack was the first to start believing in Artemis as the wolf goddess, something about an ancestor falling for the goddess. Renmisia cursed their whole bloodline, that's the reason why they have white hair. Slowly all the other sister packs started believing in Artemis except for the Thunderfist, when they saw that their Goddess was being shamed, they separated themselves from the other packs and relocated to an island, but they didn't know that the island was cursed to always float in the ocean, never staying in one place, and it was inhabited by the Scornbreed, ancient werecats.

The Thunderfist pack refused to leave the island, and the Scornbreed were constantly fighting for land. The Alpha of the Thunderfist was the first female alpha, she created a pact with the werecats, her body for refuge. She mated the Alpha of Scornbreed and ever since then, it has been a tradition, the Scornbreed and the Thunderfist will always have the most wortiest cousins marry and seat the throne."

Fascinating, a travelling island. I remember studying about it....something with the letter 'A'.

"Who is the current King and Queen?"

"Queen Seraphone and King Pallas."

"Traditional names?" He nodded.

"They have been sheltered from the other lands, still follow age old customs."

Great, another bunch of traditional morons. I wonder what major drama was going to happen here.

"We'll be in sight of the island within an hour." He said.

"Rest till then. Maybe you're headache might lessen. I'm not going in without you. You're now officially my teammate."

He laughed. But then sobered and gave me a grudging nod. "You won't regret it."

I might later. But I smiled anyway. I needed all the support I can get. Because in the end, we all need friends.