Chapter 17- The Queen of Earth

PrettyGirlsRock1126

Nikolai watched himself sleep.

His owl hooted in its perch and the cat tried to climb the perch to get the owl. Nikolai floated about, drawing circles in the air.

He wished he had someone to talk to. Did Lunia wish that too when she was in prison?

"I deserve this." He said to himself.

He concentrated and turned into his demon form. He acted like he was whipping the cat with his own tail. The cat didn't feel it.

"Bad cat." He said.

He hovered about near his owl.

"Shireen." He petted her sleek head. "My beloved owl." His hand was sent through her head....He looked around and then proceeded to put his hand through the back of her head and position it as a beak.

"Hi, I'm Shireen the owl. I bring messages to the traitors in my master's castle. Hug me." At that very moment, Shireen opened her eyes and looked right at him with her usual 'Seriously?' expression.

Sweat popped on Nikolai's forehead. He froze in the same position...then slowly turned his head to look behind him, the cat was now sitting on the bed, beside his still body....and pooping.

Nikolai sighed in relief and stroked Shireen's head. "For a moment there, I thought that you could actually see me, I am so relieved. That was one of the most embarassing things ive ever done in my life."

Then he took a deep breath and turned. "You monster! How dare you poop on my bed while I lay in it?" He shouted.

The cat suddenly fled the room, shit forgotten. Shireen started hooting. Nikolai turned suddenly feeling cold.

"What's..." The curtains blew in the air, the breeze strong enough to forcefully close a window. The very air in the room became colder until it started swirling.

"Hey!" He said as he was suddenly forced back, in the direction of the bed.

"Show yourself! Who is this?" He shouted, covering his eyes from the breeze.

In a jerk, Nikolai was slammed back into his body on the bed, cat poop flew in his face when he opened his eyes.

"Ack!" He hit the poop away when suddenly the wind stopped howling. He realised that he was awake, in the middle of the bed, corporal. He touched his chest.

"Alexei! Dima! I'm awak-" His voice died when he noticed the other person in the room.

Runeria or Umaya as he knew her, stood before his bed. She wore chainmail armour and a war helmet and she smiled wickedly.

"Hello, Nikolai."

"You!" He kicked the sheets away and stood beside his bed, searching for a weapon. Cat poop was the only thing present. He realized that his body was in human form and quickly shifted to demon. His claws were the only weapon at hand.

Umaya laughed. "You're even more beautiful in your demon form, my King."

"Why are you here? Do you want to die so eagerly?"

"I'm here for you, my King."

"Take the cat poop, instead. And stop the my King business."

"What would you prefer I call yo-"

"Call me your highness or most merciful King, because I am being merciful for not tearing your throat out, yet."

She simply laughed. Nikolai gritted his teeth. He had to find out if she was here to hurt his family and if she'd brought reinforcements. An army of dragons? A shipful of Fey? He would have to warn the guards.

"What simple thoughts you have...most merciful King. You worry about you're family?"

He cursed. She could read minds, fuck. Nikolai tried to think about something else...The smell of cat poop on his hands...His growling stomach...Cat poop in his stomach.

He made a face, bad move. Umaya put her hands out and Nikolai's world was spinning.

Great, he was going to be killed thinking about cat shit as food.

He closed his eyes as he heard her laughter. "You demons are really simpletons. My dear Nikolai, Lunia Vel Miorisi has been rubbing off on you. Don't worry, when I make you my King, you're mind will be as clean as a babe's."

"You leave my family and Lunia alone." He said, trying to break out of whatever spell she had put on him.

"Oh, I will...For now." She laughed again. Her laughter was grating on his nerves.

He felt like he was being pulled underwater. He could breathe but his lungs were being squeezed. His head spinner like when he'd gotten the head would and his arms ached as he failed, trying to get through.

"What...are you..."

"Not what, my love. Where. Open your eyes"

He hated himself for obeying her. But the command washed over him and his body obeyed.

What he saw, he couldn't believe.

They were travelling through time portals. And different dimensions kept playing themselves in front of his eyes. They passed through the very space between the Otherworld and Earth.

"What..is.."

"It's called the 'Middle'. This ,Nikolai, is the place from where the veil that prevents the humans from seeing us emits. This is the plane on which the Gods exist. The origination of time portals, who the very first dragons Aurora and Xemetus had used to travel away from war. "

The feeling of drowning took over him completely, suddenly, he couldn't breathe. His head felt like it was exploding. He saw history repeat itself.

He saw a woman, her skin as black as the night sky, little stars reflected all over her body, her slivery hair floated all around her. She wove her hands together and created two beings, the Earth and the Sky, Gaea and Ouranos.

He saw everything from the Titan War to the Giant war. The first part of Origination to the second. All the secrets of the world passed before his eyes and he felt like he had seen too much.

He shouted, covering his ears as various calls sounded. Thunder boomed, the sea churned, the birds cried, the lions roared, the wolves howled, human screams sounded like the screech of a chalkboard.

BOOM! And Nikolai was standing.

He fell, his ears bleeding. Umaya stood before him, he could feel her presence, he kept his eyes closed, afraid to see more. The great Demon King, rendered powerless before the secrets of the Universe.

"You see now, Nikolai? The things I have seen? I will create a kingdom for us to rule. The beings trapped here in the Middle will be at our beck and call. Thus is my power! The ancient strength that I have in this small, insignificant body. This is the reason why, my face is never one. My power is so vast that I can never be the same person twice for long but I have begun to overcome that too. The longer I stay in the Middle, the stronger I become! No one can defeat me!"

Her hands wrapped around Nikolai's neck and lifted him up. "You will stay here. And you will witness the birth of the Queen of Earth!"

His eyes refused to open. "Lunia." He whispered.