Chapter 36- Curses: Love.

The Queen sent a message that she would meet me at dinner. Till then, I rested in the room I was given.

Pisces lounged on the bed, chewing on the coverlet and hugging a pillow at the same time while Darivarr lay on the couch, eating chocolate coated strawberries from a bowl.

I looked out the window at the beautiful trees. Occasionally, I spotted two lovers or three down in the garden together.

"It's really weird how they're so open with romance and still so closed off when it comes to the royals."

"I lurked around the the hallways earlier and heard that there was this one King who fell in love with the Queen and her brother but could only marry the Queen, so he made a law that the citizens of the island are allowed to be threesome couples, as long as everyone is aware of the relationship. His love for the brother could never be but at least the others were free to love."

I sighed. Tragic, yet freeing. The island was a free place to love. Love is the most important thing in the universe after all. A few years later, Aliens are going to be looking down on us and they're going to say, 'These people are not free to be gay or lesbian without being criticised, they will never except us'. And-wham- No more Earth. Useless planet.

"Tell me, Darivarr....are you homophobic?" I turned around to look at him, to gauge his expression.

He kept munching the strawberries. "Love is love. It's not my place to judge. What other people do, isn't really going to affect me in anyway, so what is the point of being homophobic anyway?"

I snorted. "Some elves may think differently."

"Hey, if they want to act like conservative catholics then it's not really my business. Why the random question though?"

I shrugged. "Just checking. My team should have my ideals. Besides, homophobic people have lower IQs. I don't want dumb people with me."

I spared Pisces a glance and looked back at Darivarr, who looked like he was trying not to laugh. "He's cute, it fills the hole."

Darivarr laughed and picked up another strawberry. "You know, for an old person....you're quite open."

I smiled. "Being imprisoned half your life changes you in a way you'd never believe. What's worse is that Nikolai was the bane of my existence and now he's the love of my life."

As soon as the words left my mouth, I felt low and the happiness of my achievement dimmed a bit. Nikolai was missing and I was laughing and feeling happy. I'm a horrible person.

"Tell me about that. How...did you fall in love with Nikolai? I thought you just got married."

I nodded. "I don't know either. One moment I looked into his eyes and felt a pull and the next moment I was giving in. I don't even know him that well, staying away from him was torture. It still is. And I don't know why. "

Darivarr paused with a strawberry in the air over his mouth.

He thought for a while and popped the strawberry in, then stood up and wiped his hands on his clothes in a gross, male move.

"I heard that theres a huge library in this castle, you know, with books of old times. We could go there....find out more about....Nikolai."

I narrowed my eyes. "You know something."

He looked away nervously. "There was this one elf in the palace once, okay? She could enchant men to fall in love with her. It came naturally to her. No spells needed. She got cocky, caused trouble around and one day, just disappeared. This Nikolai...He sounds like he's got a similar one on him."