Chapter 39- Good Luck

"Do you know who I am?"

My eyes froze on her breastplate. " I don't see a badge."

She laughed, the sound pleasant. I wasn't joking, though.

"I am Ureah. "

Ooo....kay. She looked at me like she expected me to know her but I had never come across a fallen angel. I was out of my dept here. All I knew about them was that they were an uptight bunch of assholes that lived in the Otherworld's heaven and once used to be brave heroes. Once they leave heaven, they become free agents, guiding fate.

An angel stood before me. It kinda scared me cause she could be guiding my fate right now and if I said even a single wrong word or sentance, I would suffer for eternity.

"I...don't know you."

She chuckled. "Catra Vitaly knows me."

"Oh." A friend of Catra's, I swear she'd make friends with the devil if she could.

I cleared my throat. "Why are you here? On thus island? Doesn't look like a place for Angels."

She smiled, politely. "It isn't but fate has led me here. These children needed me. They still do."

Ohh-kay.....The Fey weren't exactly children according to the Elves...wait, how did Fey even evolve into Elves if they stay kids forever?

"I understand that you were called here for a reason." She said.

I startled, I am a bad wife. My husband is suffering somewhere and I'm thinking about evolution.

"I recieved a message from some...." Wait, King Terihokos, that was the name right? I couldn't remember the face, but that is what the message had said, King Terihokos of the Fey islands, but the other fey hadn't mentioned a king, they had said they were a free race.

"King Terihokos?" I narrowed my eyes and sent her a suspicious look. "A King Terihokos sent me a message."

She came closer, her sword with her. If she wanted to threaten me, then I refused to back down, but she didn't have that threatening stance.

"I am the protector of this island and if the other races come to know that this island is full of.....insolent child-like teenagers, they will attack and exploit them, so it is necessary for me to spread rumours and act as King. "

I narrowed my eyes still. "And why are you telling me this?"

"You will forget, once you leave this island and it's vicinity, you will forget everything that happened here."

My mouth pursed I glared. "So, the last time I came here and you guys laughed at me and sent me away, that was an illusion, too?"

She chuckled again. This time I found the sound annoying.

"You know it was. Forget it now. There are more pressing matters at hand. A box came to my chambers last night. A mechanical monster that spoke of Nikolai Shizkov being trapped in a portal connected place."

Instantly, andrenalin started coursing through my veins. My excitement built until I wanted to scream.

"Where is it? The portal?" I asked, my toes dancing.

She nodded gestured towards a courts in covered room in the back of the cave.

"The box mentioned that a portal would need to be opened. And so we have been preparing the opening. "

She led me through the curtain and sure enough, young female fey sat around in a circle holding hands and chanting.

The dragons had been the first one to open portal but it had always been a power handed down to all of us that belong to the Otherworld.

"Did Nikolai specifically ask for me?" Hope built up, it seeped into my voice but I really didn't care at this point. I was going to look desperate but I wouldn't remember it anyway, so it didn't matter.

"We had heard of your arrival nearby so I think it's best if you went to release him."

I bet it was something to do with fate. I didn't care to ask, to anxious to think.

I joined in the chanting, going ahead to hold hands with one of the fey.

Her hand was soft and wrinkled at the same time. She smiled at me, her smile soothing.

I smiled back, pretty sure that I gave her my ugly, forced smile. I was too worried, too excited, too everything.

We started swaying, I closed my eyes.

The chanting was supposed to bring us the power of the ancient deity who created Gaea and Oauranos, she was known as the mother, we didnt mention her alot because many of us were pretty sure she didn't exist. It was just like the atheist humans, they didn't believe in God, they believed that science had created the world, it was the same with us, I mean, there were all powerful beings and stuff but they were all just evolved species of humans.

My mind was a jumble as I chanted. I called upon the deity, I told her that I loved her, that I'm thankful that she created me and that I will always pray to her. They were fake promises but they did the trick.

The veil worked in our favour and then everyone had to close their eyes as dangerous gas exploded from front of us and a portal was opened.

A minute went by, some coughed, some gagged. I stood silently, the fey who supported me now coughing beside me.

I kept my eyes closed until someone touched my shoulder. The scent of Ureah the angel filled my nostrils "When you come out from the portal, you will remember nothing of our meeting, you will be on a boat to Agelia with...or without Nikolai. For the sake of the world, Lunia Shizkov, I wish you luck."

She pushed me ahead. I felt the air of the portal around me. It was thick and hot. Unwelcoming. Hostile.

I heard her voice echo in my thoughts. And through some primal instinct, I didn't dare open my eyes.