Chapter 38- The Angel.

I circled the skies, searching for signs of life on the islands I had found. It was green, everywhere the eye could see, green, green, green.

Then right in the front a smoke signal rose.

I know what they say about suspicious smoke signals but adrenaline and exhaustion rode me on. My wings were tired and I was really sleepy but the fact that Nikolai was waiting to be rescued kept me going.

It was just like a princess love story. My sleeping beauty was waiting for me to come kiss him and rescue him from the dragon. Roles were reversed. Eh, feminism.

I swooped down and circled the place where I saw the smoke signal from. A group of people waved hands for me to land.

They better not be shipwreck victims stuck on an island asking for help, I had my own problems, i wasn't gonna waste time on entitled ship people- What were entitled ship people called anyway?

Focus, Lunia. Think about Nikolai.

I flew in closer and at the last moment, used all my power to turn into a big hairy monster.

I roared in their faces.

"Where is Nikolai?"

A young fey came ahead. Now, the difference between Fey and Elves, is the fact that Elves shine and are mature adults while Fey remain teenagers for life and are sneaky and mischievous, minus the shine. They both had the same ears and the same prettiness.

The fey that came ahead had light brown hair and big baby blue eyes, was really pretty, almost feminine pretty, and was wearing a simple white tunic and blue slacks....and flip flops.

"Bruh, he ain't here. " He said and looked back at his friends. They acted like typical teenagers and sent him a thumbs up.

I roared in his face, just to be mean.

"Where is he?!"

He wiped some spit from his face and grinned at me. "Are you Lunia Grey? "

Well that surprised me. He didn't call me 'Vel Miorisi'. Some actual respect....but Fey were crafty so I kept my guard up.

To prove my identity, I decided to show them a party trick, small animals needed less energy, with the energy I had I could probably turn into a lion or a leopard, so I prove to them that I'm me and I also be able to kill them if needed.

I turned into a snake and hissed when I reached the ground.

"Woah!" They clapped and then I turned into a lion.

And the fey ahead of me stared silently, smiling in awe.

I roared, loudly. He looked back at his friends and gave them a thumbs up, they nodded.

"That'll do, we know now that you're her, so you can, you know, turn into a woman or whatever."

I growled low. One of the Fey in the back called out, "She doesn't trust us, man."

Smart one.

The Fey nodded and went to remove something from his breast pocket. I got ready to strike, if it was a weapon.

He removed a book.....Fifty Shades of Grey.

He opened it and cleared his throat, "I scowl with frustration at-"

I turned back into myself. "What the hell are you doing?"

He closed the book and grinned. "I was earning your trust." He looked back at his friends and grinned. " Woman like this book, so I read it and they trust me."